Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I got Fabius Bile for my EC army, and I think I will make that model into my Daemon Prince. In my opinion they should have made him be the Slaanesh Character instead of Lucius, especially since they don't even make a Lucius. So since he has Combat drugs already on him, I think I will use him. This does mean I can't have stature I think I'll give him speed. You know. He's all hopped up on drugs and can just truck around fast. DOes this have to be represented on the model? Other Daemonic gifts like Strength don't so I wouldn't see why this would have to be. Like this idea? Here's what I will give him,'

Lord
Dark Blade
Mutation
Spiky Bitz
Essence
Rune
Speed
Resilience
Combat Drugs
Mark of Slaanesh
Infiltrate
Bolt Pistol

So he'll have Six attacks, seven on the charge at S6 I6. Rerolling one miss. Start the game close enough to charge on the first turn, and have the speed to get into subsequent rounds of CC. Also I gave 'im Rune incase he gets left out aftger mowing through a squad and he'll have 4 wounds to take off heavy weapons shots.:w00t:

·
Premium Member
4,802 Posts
Furthermore, D.Speed is insufficient to get him into close combat on turn 1 as you can only infiltrate UP TO 18". Take my advice and don't ever try to get a turn 1 charge off. The attempt will be either illegal or unfair to your opponent.

I like the idea of using Fabius Bile as a REALLY drugged-out EC champ. Try this Lord:

Mark of Slaanesh
Combat Drugs
Needle of Desire
D.Speed
D.Mutation
D.Visage
Spiky Bits
Bolt Pistol
Total: 166pts

The Needle would be very fluffy on him and would function as sort of a poor-man's Force Weapon. Hide him in a squad of CSMs to get him close to the enemy. Either keep him in the squad if there's no multi-wound models or jump out with D.speed and Needle them. D.Visage will help with the leadership test. He could take more stuff but I'd keep him cheap since (to be fluffy) he'll be popping drugs like candy.

This would be a cool character to play. He might just explode and he might just win you the game. Either way, it'll be an entertaining acid trip.

·
No Rest For the Righteous
1,188 Posts
You can also infiltrate ending up more than 12 inches if you are out of line of sight. Nothing wrong with a first turn charge, your opponent deserves to lose if they didn't set up keeping infiltration in mind or can't deal with it once it happens.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,150 Posts
From what i can tell he spent over a 100 on daemonic gifts too.

But I'll agree with the inflitrating thing, go for it, and if your opponent can't handle it too bad for them.

·
Swarm Queen of LO
1,198 Posts
With Inflitrate, the regular 6" move, d6" from "Fleet of Foot" and a 12" charge he should have no problem getting a first turn charge with Daemonic Speed. But yeah, he's illegal. I would drop rune and daemonic essence. Maybe give him aura of acquiesence or a doom siren.

·
393 Posts
grimmtu said:
With Inflitrate, the regular 6" move, d6" from "Fleet of Foot" and a 12" charge he should have no problem getting a first turn charge with Daemonic Speed. But yeah, he's illegal. I would drop rune and daemonic essence. Maybe give him aura of acquiesence or a doom siren.
Yes, the infiltrate/d-speed combo is a perfectly legal way to get a first turn charge.

I agree with you about dropping rune and essense. Too expensive for what they do. If you manage to get a first turn charge, then the "only" thing this guys has to look out for is the hidden powerfist. Try to use your extra speed to make him get into base contact with the fist guy and as few others as possible. If you clear your kill zone and the fist guy is in it he has to go. Can be tricky, but it is possible.

Arizzar

·
457 Posts
Hey,

Intrepid said:
Mark of Slaanesh
Combat Drugs
Needle of Desire
D.Speed
D.Mutation
D.Visage
Spiky Bits
Bolt Pistol
Total: 166pts

The Needle would be very fluffy
And WYSIWYG if you leave him modelled with that turkey-baster thingy. ;- )

Hmmm . . . that's actually a creepy Slaanesh/RL degree-of-separation thing:

Fabius Bile and David Crosby - separated at birth?

http://www.altmanphoto.com/Page3b.MoMusic.Gallery.html

You decide.

Playa

·
Registered
85 Posts
Lucious should be comming out shortly, in july.... along with the rumored metal possessed boxed set (woot)

Also Fabious Bile quit slaanesh... during the horus herasy, why bring him back lmao

Other then the previously metions in the posts above me, the lord looks good.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I agree that the needle of desire would be fluffy, but are you sure its that good a weapon?

I'm not a big fan of the Fabius Bile model anyway, after the hideous young bloods winner at last years GD. Whoever did that is probably a good painter, but it was real ugly and didnt deserve to win IMO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.