Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Under Cyphers new rules the fallen are chosen from Codex: CSM as a normal squad of CSM. Does this mean they can include Marks of Chaos, veteran skills, aspiring champion and rhino??????

·
Registered
123 Posts
"These are treated as a unit of Chaos Space Marines, selected as normal from Codex: Chaos Space Marines."

I guess you can, not too bad at all.

Uncle Jesse

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
I wondered about this too. I'd expect them to be either markless or have the Mark of Chaos Undivided, but ruleswize I tihnk you can give them anything you want!

·
Registered
581 Posts
And remember who old they are. I mean, they're old enough that they should be chosen from the CSM list instead of the SM list anyways.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
True for veteran skills, but this would mean you have Fallen Berzerkers or Plague marines for instance, that just doesn't 'feel' right, you know?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Originally posted by BorninDarkness@May 3 2003, 19:13
True for veteran skills, but this would mean you have Fallen Berzerkers or Plague marines for instance, that just doesn't 'feel' right, you know?
Absolutely. I would say, at least due to principle if not actual rules, stay away from that. I was thinking more from the standpoint of squad size and equipment and veteran skills.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Yeah I can see them being similar to CSM in all other ways, after all these guys are about the same age.
Now while I'm typing this I remember some stuff from the novel Eye of Terror which leads me to believe some Fallen actually do dedicate themselves to one god, but I like the idea of them being undivided or not even really Chaos followers better. Makes them more sinister somehow.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Originally posted by BorninDarkness@May 4 2003, 07:49
Makes them more sinister somehow.
I think it's because it leaves who and what they are dedicated to as an open question.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
True, you don't know if they're renegades seeking revenge on the imperium, or misunderstood guys who are actually still loyal to the imperium but are forced to join the Chaos forces.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Originally posted by BorninDarkness@May 5 2003, 09:25
True, you don't know if they're renegades seeking revenge on the imperium, or misunderstood guys who are actually still loyal to the imperium but are forced to join the Chaos forces.
Which is really what I think makes them so cool and unique.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Don't the whole squad have to have the same mark of chaos?

If so Cypher has no mark therefore none of the other Fallen can, check your codexes because i don't own one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
"Cypher is an independant character."- which means he and the squad are two separate choices, he joins the unit on his own. He doesn't even have to join the squad, it says this in the WD. So ya, i think you could give them marks but it depends on how Chaotic you want them to be

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.