Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya,

I was wondering what would be a viable tactic that could be used against me to destroy my fanatics, and i wondered what happened if the opponent puts a flyer right into your line of Night Goblins. Would this indeed mean i need to release all of my fanatics? This would really suck if it happens in the first or second turn, because it could destroy my own army entirely..
Or did i miss some rule that the enemy must at least be US5 or something like that?
And Are there any usefull tactics to prevent this?
i would hate it if a flyer worth 50 points triggers 150points worth of fanatics...

thanks in advance :)

·
Monkey of Mystery
2,789 Posts
This is a fairly common misconception about triggering fanatics. Make sure you follow the rules exactly- it will protect you.

When a flyer moves to within 8" of a unit with a fanatic (or several) then it stops. The fanatics are released and with a bit of luck the flyer disappears in a cloud of feathers. Or at least the fanatic will potentially obstruct the rest of the flyers move.

If the flyer survives, it can continue its move. It can then move closer to another unit and release more fanatics, following the same process. It CAN NOT just fly straight in and release every unit's fanatics all at once.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so probably 1 unit releases its fanatics and then the flyer dies.

This brings up another question: After the birdie gets killed, is the fanatic removes as a casualty as well? or does he survive? or does this depend if he actually lands right under the base of the flyer and he will get 2D6 hits?

sorry but fanatics confuse me a bit, but i really like them, and i believe it's one of our best weapons, so i want to know everything about them XD

·
Registered
68 Posts
Please, this is not meant to be rude - reread your fanatic rules.

They stay alive. Fanatics cannot end THEIR move under another unit. They will continue through to the otherside of the unit, no matter their distance rolled.
They move each turn in the compuls. movement phase and roll 2d6 plus the scatter die to figure out what direction they are going in.

Fanatics are only removed as:
Doubles on the movement phase dice (after the original flinging out of them - he cannot die on those doubles)
Moves into any sort of terrain (hills, buildings, forests, just a few examples)
ANOTHER unit decides to stop on them
Or They are shot to death.

But like I said, reread your army book and do so sssslllloooowwwwllllyyyy. O&G is one of the few books out there with fewer ambiguous rules and wordings that other books out there. You'll figure it out eventually, you were smart enough to find Warhammer Fantasy, you'll be smart enough to figure out the rules. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.