Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Poisonous Mammal
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ok so I just realized that I have been playing my farseer illegally and I suspect that I am not the only one, if my understanding of the farseer’s psychic power rules are correct.

In the Eldar Codex p.28, first paragraph under Farseer Psychic Powers it states that unless otherwise noted Eldar Powers are used at the start of the Eldar Turn. This means that if I have a farseer in a transport with a unit at the start of that turn then he can’t use those powers that turn since he is not on the board. So the unit disembarks and shoots but I can’t use my guide and doom on them that round.

Is this correct?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Half the time I forget to do the powers at the start of the turn, and unless im wiping the floor with my opponent they generally dont mind me using them in the shooting phase or otherwise (my regulars know how to combat the powers anyway; "oh that unit has re-rolled saves, fine i wont shoot at them")

·
Poisonous Mammal
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it makes a HUGE difference if you are transporting units, since you can’t target them either. I can’t tell you how many lists I have seen that rely on droping models out of a serpent using guide, doom, or both on them and shooting up the enemy. But since you can’t target them since they are not technically on the board then they can’t be the recipient of the powers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.