Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question: Is it possible to take any form of WE character with Glade Riders and not negate their Fast Cavalry rule?

My plan is to stick a relatively cheap hero in a group of seven GRs and use him/her to cause panic tests with the Starfire Arrows. The only thing is; as I read the rules there is no way to use a WE hero as Fast Cavalry, which seems retarded since that is the very nature of WEs.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
It's in the FAQ. Elven Steeds have fast calv,but your plan is flawed. Relying on panic tests in 8th is a poor tactic because of all the new leadership rules, especially when it stems from a single S3 shot. Throw in the fact that GR are bad in every sence of the word and you've got a strategy for fail. Uaw a WR hero eith WRs instead if you're set on the idea.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, I guess I missed that in the FAQ, thanks. I was planning on using the bow of Athel Loren to give the character at least three shots every turn, but if you think this is such a bad idea maybe I need to rethink it. I know panic tests are not a foregone conclusion, but I was more interested in the psychological effect having to take them would have upon my opponent. I'm new to WEs so I haven't tested this, I just got the idea while reading the army book. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Even with the bow of Loren, it's iffy and expensive, but the glaring issue is how hard it is to make a unit run away in 8th. BSB and generals make it annoying to say the least. Throw in the fact that GRs have measly 6+ save and you have a unit of free points. It looks good on paper, but just doesn't perform sadly. If it were cheaper, maybe then, but as it stands, there are better things.

The bow of Loren works best with Arcane Bodkins for a bunch of shots that ignore armor saves, but it costs a total of 55 points so it needs to be on a Lord, which just means more shots.

Personally, I like using Wild Riders with Razor Banner or what I like to call the HoDA bomb, which is just a Scout/Waywatcher hero with the Hail of Doom Arrow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts