x3 Warhawk Riders

x3 Warhawk Riders

Great Eagle

Great Eagle

don't know how many points this adds up too but it should be around 2000

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
I don't know Dave, it could work. It would be a serious chess match of movement though. I would definately add the warbanner to one of the wild riders units. Something will have to break first round of combat, otherwise you could get bogged down. I think the sword of might would be better had on the dragon lord and possbly some magic armor (oaken comes to mind) because your dragon lord will fail his SoCM ward first turn sometimes.

I always seem to roll horrible with heavy cav. 1-2 hits and 0 wounds, so maybe you roll a lot better and send the unit packing early.

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
The best bet would be a tandem charge with the dragon and a wild rider unit in hopes that fear and wounds would force an autobreak.

But enemies are going to target the wild riders and dragon first. Heck, I'll shoot at a dragon all day if a T3 rider is sitting on top. But kill one wild rider unit, and what's left to kill with?

Warhawks and Glade Riders aren't going to do it.

Something like dwarfs with high armor or undead will be nigh impossible to defeat.

·
609 Posts
Well first I would peronally get ride of 1-2 of your Glade Rider units. They have their uses but that is a lot of them and you need to invest in so killing power. I would consider losing one of the Great Eagles for a unit of Waywatchers for some extra punch. (These guys being able to deploy so far up will help keep your fast list idea) I would also suggest some Dryads of Wardancers. They are still fast and highly manueverable and will help with packing a punch. (Wardercers with moonstone of hidden ways does come to mind) :C

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have to agrre with Dave here as I think that you are going to find it really hard to win with this list as there isn't really any punch in the list. Yes you have Highborn on the Dargon but at T3 you can't count on him lasting for too long and then if you have a bad roll on the reaction table you could find that you've effectively lost the dragon to.

Also I worry about the small size of your units. With not great saves you could very quickly find your units shot down by a Dwarf gunline and heading back to the forest.

I would definately drop the two units of Warhawks, (not a big favourite of mine), and one of the units of Glade Riders. With the points I would buy a unit or two of Dryads. These would give you that extra bit of punch but are also fairly fast moving so would also fit in with the theme of your army.

Also as someone else has mentioned finding the points for a small unit of Waywtchers would give you a nice bit of power. I love these as they have saved me in many games. True occasionally they do nothing for you but when they work......boy do they work :D

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ok, so in case any of you were wondering about my overall opinion of dragons in a WE army, here it is:

Are dragons cool? YEAH.

Do they belong in a Wood Elf army? NO.

Well, there you have it.

-BigPappa.

ps:

Ok so, that was a little harsh sounding. I just think this list would benefit from dropping the dragon in favor of something like the wardancers mentioned earlier, thats all.

-BigPappa. (again).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.