Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Skorne

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Trollbloods

Votes: 10 18.5%

Favorite Faction

7K views 21 replies 22 participants last post by  YaquiShaman 
#1 · (Edited)
Pretty straight forward, whats your favorite faction in either Hordes or Warmachine. I've allowed everyone to select multiple Factions as I know I like more than one and I'm sure others do too (although lets try to keep it to one Warmachine and one Hordes selection if possible). Reasons for choosing the faction can be fluff related, rules related, table top appearance or a combination of any of these, however, you should make a post describing why you chose what you did.

I'll go first;

I chose Khador for Warmachine and the Circle Orboros for Hordes, and I play both of them as well :p. I like Khador because they look cool (I've always had a thing for Russian stuff), they tend to be the aggressor in the fluff, as opposed to Cygnar which plays a reaction roll, or the Protectorate who are merely trying to free themselves from Cygnar. Also, their 'jacks are a straight shot of awesome killieness. The Circle plays very different from Khador, making them a great choice for a second army, and have drop dead awesome models (except the Gorax). There fluff is alright, but they tend to loose, which isn't that impressive. I'm hoping that Metamophasis will feature a Circle plan succeeding for once.

Alright, so what do the rest of you have to say?

See less See more
#2 ·
Well, despite not playing the game, I still try to follow the happenings of the Iron Kingdoms. I may even get around to starting an army one day, or at the very least buying a few minis to paint.

I'd have to say Cryx is my favourite out of all the factions. I basically made this decision on the models and paint schemes, and while there are some other factions that aren't too bad it just seems that practically every Cryx model I see is awesome, in my eyes at least.

Second would be Circle Orboros, they must appeal to the tree-hugging hippy in me or something... or maybe I just have a thing for green!

Third is Everblight; again, some great models and the minis Privateer Press have painted up look excellent.

The rest of the factions I'm basically ambivalent about. Yes they have some good models in there, but its not enough for me to overlook the fact they are frothing loonies! Or just not interesting enough for me to like them.

#3 ·
Trollbloods, of course. They have been sat on from all sides over and over again and have had countless bargains broken. And to top it off, their one hope for salvatio, Madrak, is also prophesized to be the doom of them all. They epitomize the "underdog".

...and their poor representation at tournaments says as much.

#7 ·
Cryx and Circle are pretty much my favorites to play. Fluffwise I enjoy the Trollbloods just cause they are somebody I actually want to win. Honestly all factions have some interest to me from story standpoint but none I feel need to win like the Trollbloods.

#9 ·
I've been greedy and picked three favourites. First is obviously Cygnar, because I play a Cygnar army...makes sense really. I just like the look of the faction, and all of the uniquely Cygnaran troops like Storm Knights and Gunmages really appeal to me. Plus I love lightning. And the colour blue. Not much more to add to that.

I picked Circle Orboros for Hordes because while I don't actually own any models (though this may change soon) and wouldn't say I play a Circle army, I have played more proxied games with them than any other Hordes faction. I like the Druids, their mystical nature philosophies, the wolf monsters, and the stone constructs. Plus, the Lord of the Feast is such an awesome concept - I use him in every single game, even though "The Internet" claims his rules suck.

So, I guess I picked those two factions for the same reasons I play them: I like the models, the characters, the fluff and motivations of each faction - even though it is a bit contradictory to support the technological innovators of Western Immoren while backing the cult bent on curtailing man's advance.

Third faction I picked was Mercenaries. I like them for the same two reasons other people have said:

1) Magnus. His plots make for THE BEST fluff in the books - I always look forward to reading about what he's been up to the most, and he never disappoints. And again, his introduction in HORDES: Primal is the best summary of the Iron Kingdoms world.

2) I like resistance fighters, and Ashlynn is indeed saucy.

#10 ·
I don't play any PP Games (yet, at any rate), but I went Skorne and Mercenaries. Skorne, I just LOVE the ancient Japanese-style look of.<3

Again, Mercenaries have some of the coolest models I have seen. This guy, in particular, is awesome beyond recognition, and one day I think I'll get him even if I never use him (which will probably be the case).

-AFG//

#11 ·
Cryx and Everblight, just because I enjoy watching the machinations of two dragons unfold, while they're both simultaneously fighting against each other and not fighting against each other. In a roundabout way they'll come to a confrontation. I love the look of their models as well, although there are times when I sort of wish their themes could be different (why couldn't Legion be the tough and expensive faction?)

Honourable mentions go to Menoth, Mercenaries, Cygnar, and Skorne for the awesomeness of their models and background. They're just not as awesome as dragons.

#20 ·
WARMACHINE - Khador
HORDES - Skorne

They have very different playstyles, despite being both red, brutal, savage war juggernauts.

#21 ·
Warmachine-Menoth...i really like good themed armies-guardian warjack rulez.
Hordes-Trollbloods...
I must say-there iss always some really ugly model in each warmachine/hordes army...
But, this is only mu oppinion...and i am probably right :dance:

#22 ·
Khador because i love the fluff and how they play. Death to the Cygnar scum who stole our land!
Cryx because i love to play dirty!
And mercs because most of there units solo's and war casters look freakin SWEET!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.