Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Note: Player listed first has top deployment zone.

Map = 2. Ruins

First Turn = Wuggles64

The Self-Perpetuating Wuggles Device – Wuggles64

Necrarch Vampire Count with Wrist Bands of Black Gold, Nehekara's Noble Blood, Master of the Black Arts (lvl 3 wizard after lvl 2 upgrade)- 335 pts

lvl 2 Necromancer w/ Book of Arkhan- 125 pts

lvl 2 Necromancer w/ Black Periapt- 115 pts

lvl 2 Necromancer w/ 2x Dispel Scrolls- 150 pts

20 Skeletons w/ Light Armor-

20 Skeletons w/ Light Armor-

5 Dire Wolves-

5 Dire Wolves-

8 Ghouls

6 Black Knights with Banner of the Barrows, Barding- 211 pts

6 Black Knights with Barding-

6 Black Knights with Barding

3 Spirit Hosts

Banshee

3 Ogre Leadbelchers

TOTAL: 2250 pts
(11 power dice, 7 dispel dice, 2 Dispel Scrolls) I can have either 12 power dice or 8 dispel dice, depending on how I use the Black Periapt.

Wrist Bands of Black Gold- 3+ Ward Save against missiles of all types

Master of the Black Arts- all spells he casts add 6" to their range

Banner of the Barrows- All the Wights in the unit hit on 3+... ALWAYS!!!

Black Periapt- save an unused Power or Dispel die to be used in the next magic phase as eiter a dispel or power die.

Book of Arkhan- Free Danse Macabre every magic phase!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walt Strangelove's Child-Friendly Parade of Respect and Strong Christian Morals – S-N

Characters
-------
Walt Strangelove (Duke)-238pts
+Grail Vow
+Knightly Temper
+Gromril Great Helm
KoTR

Mouseketeer (Paladin)-129pts
+Knight's Vow
+Battle Standard Bearer
+War Banner
+Duty
+Warhorse
KoTR

Damsel of Morals (Damsel)-130pts
+Dispel Scroll(x2)
+Warhorse
KOTR

Core
----------
6x Knights Errant-161pts
+Errantry Banner
+Full Command

6x Knights Errant-141pts
+Full Command

8 x Knights of the Realm-216pts
+Full Command

+Full Command

+Full Command

20 x Men at Arms-115pts
+Halberd
+Standard/Musician

20 x Men at Arms-115pts
+Halberd
+Standard/Musician

18 x Peasant Bowmen-
+Skirmish

15 x Peasant Bowmen-
+Stakes

Special
---------
5 x Mounted Yeomen-87pts
+Shield
+Musician

5 x Mounted Yeomen-87pts
+Shield
+Musician

Rare
---------
Field Trebuchet-

Field Trebuchet-

That's one powerdice and three dispel dice.

Errantry Banner: +1 str on the charge, -2ld to impetuous test
Virtue of Knightly Temper: Any attacks that hit and wound on the charge allows for an additional attack to be made
Virtue of Duty: As long as the general is alive, this person gains +1 combat res
Grail Vow: Model always has the blessing, all attacks count as magical
Gromil Great Helm: 6+ armour save, may re-roll failed armour saves

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
Agreed. The Bretts drew an unlucky opponent. 2 combat characters won't give the Knights teh much needed punch. The Undead will easily bog them down and crush them through sheer numbers.

The magic will overwhelm the Bretts effortlessly. 3 DD most likely won't get far, and there will either be mass destruction amongst the Bretts (with those damage spells) or Undead units popping up left right centre and diagonals.

That, and the Fear-causers will impact the game too much.

S-Ns archers will do well with the hill, but the Undead will be able to hold a defensive position, should the need arise.

-AFG

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Given there are only 2 initial skellie tarpit units, i dont think 2 turns will be long enough to raise sufficient Zombie bunkers. And given that once the Knights charge, if the VC casters stay in units then they will die as attacks are directed at them. If they dont, there are Archers and Fast cav to worry about. Bretonnians take this one for me.

·
Rarely Posting Since 2005
216 Posts
My archers on the hill would be used to take care of his Dire wolves and Ghouls. Ny trebuchets would aim mainly for his blocks, but if the need arise, take care of some of the rezzings he'll inevitably be doing, considering my lack of magic defense.

In the attempt to use the super-death spells, keep in mind my 6+ ward save. It's not much, but it will save, on average, 1/6 guys. Super-math!

I would one [email protected] on the hill to protect the trebuchets, as to block any attempts to take care of the trebuchet/archers, while the second would cover the flank that the Dire Wolves decide to deploy on. They'd basically be used as a suicide unit, tieing up if they managed to get into combat, or maneuvering themselves as inconveniently as possible.

My superior movement would be used to bring my seven calvary (two fast) into a better position as to tag as many of his black knights as possible. I'd in general attempt avoid his skeleton blocks, however, as he would be rezzing them like a madman, I'd use my MY to bait/distract them as need be.

Finally, I'd charge his main block, ideally with flank charges, in an attempt to kill his hierophant. I would than teach the Vampire Counts the importance of positive reinforcement and sharing/melting their icy hearts with love.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Going with Brets on this one.

If, as S-N says in his tactics, the Bretonnians concentrate on the fringe undead units like the black knights they can pick up easy victory points without having to take on the big scary undead blocks.
If the Undead characters are in units, then the bretonnians can front charge and kill them.
If they leave the units they wont be able to hide because of the hill, and they also wont receive look out sir rolls.

The undead have a massive magical advantage, but I think the Brettonians can limit this by going for the fringe units that cant be re-raised.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Nobody even mentions the Ogres... :(

But yeah, I definitely think I have a tricky battle ahead of me. Luckily, I have the magic to take them on. An advantage of NINE power dice (and all the rezzing they entail) promises a pretty nice advantage. All my units cause fear, so if any of his big scary units try to charge, they may decide it's better to just chill out. Those trebuchets are going to hurt, no doubt, but, even if he dispels one of my Invocations of Nehek each turn, that's me raising an average of 20-something zombies a turn. Not to mention, if he's dispelling the invocations, my big bad Necrarch can cast his devestating spells from the Lore of Death freely. One of his spells gives an enemy unit -3 leadership, so that's a huge blow to trying to attack fear-causing units. with his +6" range to his spells, he'll rarely be in danger of getting slammed by knights. my dire wolves will hopefully be able to flank charge a unit or two, and my black knights are certainly a force to be reckoned with... S6 on the charge with a 2+ save is pretty nice. Ogres would probably hang out near a flank, and if anything tries to charge them, they can stand and shoot with their cannons, which even if not terribly effective, can generate a frightening amount of armor-piercing shots if rolled right. Although I've only got a few units of initial skellies, infantry will be raised left and right, and it's even possible I could get the charge on the knights with them if I use the Book of Arkhan on them to get 16" of charging. that would prety much negate the knight's greatest strength- a devestating charge.

In short, I rely on magical trickery to foil his battle plans and to raise as many troops as possible. It could realy go either way... he's got a pretty solid army, but I think that I can pull out a victory in the end.

·
Now 17% more helpful
2,247 Posts
This is a case of the unstopable force hitting the immoveable object. Due to praying, the VC have the first turn, and this is going to cause problems for the Brets. It means that the VC player as 3 turns of magic to create bunker, diversions and damage before the brets can do that much damage.

1 turns raising can be negated by the dice and the 2 dispel scrolls, so that is 1 down, but the other 2 turns, when combined with other spells could cause real problems.

Raise + Movement Spell = flank charge

If Wuggles was smart he would have taken the necromancy lore on his necrarch for the extra raising in this game. That extra 6" range could have allowed him a raised unit right by the trebuchets!!!

But, that alone is not enough to stop me from voting for the VC on this one.

ninja out

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
Vampire Counts have this one for me.

With a ton or magic to bolster ranks and create new units VC have the upper hand.

And with all the units being unbreakable sponges, the Lance Formation will lose it's main advantage - breaking units on the charge

Then, what the Leadbelchers can do to a small unit of knights is nothing to ignore either. Plus it's a unit that can accually flee.....

Tim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.