Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Note: Player listed first has top deployment zone.

Map = 7. Chaos Wastes

First Turn = SWAT

Tomb Kings BONE FURY!!!!!!!

L - Liche High Preist
Cloak of the Dunes, Heiratic Jar

H - Tomb Prince
Great weapon, Collar of shappesh

H - Liche preist
Skeletel Steed, Staff of ravening

H - Liche Preist
Dispel scroll

C - 20x Skeleton Bowmen
bows, standard, musician

C - 20x Skeleton Warriors
HW, Light armour, Shield, Stanard, Musician

C - 8x Light Horsemen

C - 3x Swarms

S - 20x Tomb Guard
Full Command

S - 4x Chariots
Standard, Banner of the Undying Legion

S - Tomb Scorpion

S - 5x Carrion

R - Screaming Skull Catapault
Skulls of the Foe

R - Screaming Skull Catapault
Skulls of the Foe

TOTAL - 2244

Collar of Shapesh:- Transfer a wound on a roll of 4+ to a model within 4”
Hieratic Jar – Cast 1 extra spell for one turn
Staff of Ravening – Bound level 4, range 18”, 3D6 Str 2 hits
Banner of the Undying Legion – Bound lvl 3. Casts summoning spell on unit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Daemon Dogs of Deathly Disembowelment

Chaos Lord 377
Mark of Khorne;
steed; Barding
Berserker Sword
Armour of Damnation
Gaze of the Gods
Shield

5 Chosen Chaos Knights of Khorne 305
Champion
Musc

6 Chaos Knights of Khorne 278
Champion
Musc

Champion
Musc

Champion
Musc

Champion
Musc

5 Warhounds

5 Warhounds

5 Marauder Cav 81
Flails
Musc

5 Marauder Cav 81
Flails
Musc

Spawn
Khorne

Spawn
Khorne

5 Furies

Total - 2241
PD - 2
DD - 10

Berserker Sword – Model adds number of attacks equal to the Unit strength of models in base contact / 2
Armour of Damnation – Enemy must reroll successful attacks against bearer
Gaze of the Gods – 4+ ward. If the model flees he is turned into a spawn

·
Registered
852 Posts
Okay, let's get the obvious out of the way. For the most part, I am the faster army. My all cav will easily out maneuver the bulk of his army, and be able to grab some important flanks early on.

Seeing as I have an all Khorny army, I have a ton of DD. I can use this to my advantage to block out any of his regen spells or anything else he throws my way. This can easily turn the tide of battle, keeping his casualties rising without any coming back.

The strength of my knights is insane. They roll through units on the charge, and with the ammount of attacks they generate, I am pretty much garenteed to break most units I face. My Chosen and Lord will take on anyone, ripping through even the toughest of units with loads of attacks thrown at them, and a nice save to boot!

The toughness of my knights really helps against shooting and in combat. With a 2+ normal save, and a 1+ Chosen save, they can weather most shooting and combat attacks.

The furies will warmachine hunt, and will go straight for his SSCs. The Marauders and warhounds will act as screens, and hit flanks where needed to negate any bonuses.

All in all, I think The Dogs have a rather good chance of success.

-J

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, just a really unlucky draw for the Tomb Kings. Khorne has enough DD to nullify most (not all) of the Tomb Kings magic phase, which is going to hinder them alot. Combine that with the fact that the Tomb Kings really have nothing which can slow down the plethora of Khorne Chaos Knights, and this could get ugly very fast.

The Daemon Dogs of Deathly Disembowelment

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
I think this one will go to the side of Chaos.

The SSCs will likely only be getting one shot a turn each, even with a HP, the Dispel power of Khorne shuts the TK down quite well. Even if the SSCs manage to take down two of the Knight units (or atleast delaying by making them flee), there are still three more to worry about. And once the Knights hit combat, its going to be very hard for the TK, with their limited magic potential here, to prevent the slaughter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
High speed strong troops and easy ability to dispel magic, combined with not having to worry as much about Fear/Terror caused by undead hand this victory to Chaos.

A magic heavy but lightweight troop army that's strength relies on fear, terror, panic and spells, against a magic resistant heavy army that isn't as concerned about psychology as most other armies is not a good draw for the Tomb Kings.

VICTORY: CHAOS

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Chaos
Big, hitty, frenzied armies with lots of dispel dice spell trouble for any Tomb King army.
In this case, the frenzied knights of khorne will not only steamroller mos to fhte TK untis, but most of the army being immune to psychology will really negate the main tactics of the TK force.

The only hope for the Tomb Kings is to try and concentrate fire to take out as many of the small units as possible to gain magical advantage. But i think this would take too long before the frankly evil khorne units got into combat.

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
If the infantry can hold the Knights off long enough, The Chariots can do some hard hitting.

But that's about all in favour of the TKs. I really feel for you timk1111. Your list relies on 2 things: Magic and Fear. This Khornate list can nullify both *gulp.

Thus, I'm going to go with Chaos ftw, at the risk of sounding repetetive.

-AFG

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
Man, of all the lists I could've drawn...you all hate me, don't you :D

Oh well. My list if more about drawing the enemy towards me while I shoot the crap outta them, then I flank em with chariots or carrion.

Sorry, I didn't realise I could post up my tactics. Bit late now I guess.

I know Khorne has a lot of DD, I run a dragon Khorne Army (should've submited that list *slaps forehead*) But generaly, you need to throw more dispel dice at a spell then the powerdice used, so even 10 DD wont be enough vs 11 incantation dice and 2 bound spells (the styaff of ravening will play a big part I think, with all the furies, marauders and hounds running around...). The SSC will be shooting 3-4 times a turn. Should be enough to crunch the chosen unit, with a bit of luck. Kill 1 knight (hell, even the archers can do this. He'll roll a 1 eventually...), Lord get no Look Out Sir. First turn would've worked out better for me here, tho, so it has to be done quickly

The rest, well, they still only have 2 attacks each so 1-2 dead from a unit will really weaken them. I know when I run 5 chosen Khorne Knights (no charater..hes on a dragon) if 2 or so die, the unit quicklly looses potency My LH can be setup, so that a forced charge from the Knights open up a flank. Once there, depending on where each unit is on the board the Chariot unit could romp throgh them...

..It's all just theory. Haven't played TK for a while, but starting them back up.

And just remeber guys, Khorne based frenzy does NOT grant the attack to the steed. It's to do with to mark of khorne, frenzy isn't passed onto the mount...

Dont forget that scorpion and swarms, tho. In the flank of any of these unit (and the knights cant flee from it) could spell trouble Just need to kill 2 to get rid of frenzy...

Anyway, It was good to be part of my First Votewar.....these seem so much fun, and Ill have another list prepared for next time!

Regards, Tim

·
Now 17% more helpful
2,247 Posts
First of all Tim, you are guaranteed 1 more game at least, as this is double elimination.

Second, I don't think you are completely doomed. If you can use the carrion to march block from turn 1, and sit right back, giving you maximum distance on the knights, and the most time possible, you might have a chance.

If I were you, I would deploy a unit of bowmen, and the 2 catapults over the bridge in the bottom left corner. That way you would get the most shooting possible on the advancing khornate army. As you say, they won't get look out sir if you cause a couple of casualties.

Swinging your faster horsemen up the flank wouldnt hurt either. the carrion could use the support, and popping a tomb spider up behind will be useful.

In the end, with the right piece of luck, I can see you just edging this.

Tomb kings ftw

ninja out

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
Sweet, double elimination. Thanks for that!

I dont know why Id didnt see that bridge...the bottom left would be a great position to hold.

I dont think I even need to bury the scorp either. Keep him amongt the lines, and use magic when I need it.

As for the outright win...I better create about 10 different LO accounts and vote for myself! Now theres a tactic! :D

I kid of course

Tim

EDIT: Hmmm, didnt appear in this post, but the one above has my new sig! Hope you guys like it!

Regards, Tim

·
Registered
237 Posts
Khornate knights are deadly on the charge but if they hit a block of good troops they can bounce and subsequently break from the combat. However the Tomb King list nothing in there to cause any concern for the chaos knights.

A bit of a mistmatch as the dispel pool of the Chaos player will cause problems for the Tomb Kings who rely on their magic to be potent. Combined with being undead and unable to bait away units of frenzied knights this is looking rather one-sided.

Thankfully the Tomb Kings are already dead so it shouldn't hurt too much. My vote if for SWAT's Daemon Dogs of Deathly Disembowelment.

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
Chaos home win

Its a toughie, and I dont think the TK would be overrun quite so easily as some have though, but then again ive seen what Brettonian Grail Knights can do to TKs and Chaos Chosen Knights are even better, with even the regular knights no slouches. The immunity to psychology in a lot of the Chaos units will give them the edge.

Chaos to win for me

·
Bearded Ninja
2,678 Posts
hmm. this is a tricksy game, but i'll have to put my vote in for the chaos army... just.

the tomb kings have loads of units capable of delaying the knights of khorne (tomb swarms, carrions) but i feel they lack anything able to finish a unit off.

all anvil and no hammer as it were. the chariots would be ideal against another army with T3 but the mass of high armour and T4 significantly limmits their damage output. if there was a unit of ushibati (or however its spelt) i would probably change my opinion. but while the tombkings can and will delay everything the chaos hoard can throw at them, i fear they can't really win in the long run, the khorne knights just throw out too many S5 attacks.

its generally speaking just a bad draw in my opinion, these tombkings should preform pretty darn well in the longrun of the votewar :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Im going to go TKs

This is because I think the SSC can potentially take out a whole unit per turn, or at least get some very tasty VPs. The carrion, swarms and Tomb Scorpion could between them stave off 3 units of knights for a turn. Thus meaning the Khorne line arrives peacemeal and does not get the full effect. Also the more units die by SSC the more magic comes into it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.