Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Note: Player listed first has top deployment zone.

Map = 16. Picnic Spot

First Turn = Stonehambey

Blacksun Ogre Tribe

Lords:

Tyrant Maulgar Foeslayer Ghosteater Headcracker Skullstomper Giantbreaker (Ogre Tyrant) (General)
+Giantbreaker Big Name
+Siegebreaker
+Heavy Armor
+Wyrdstone Necklace
Cost: 281

Heroes:

Grog the Fat (Butcher) (Level 2)
+Bangstick
Cost: 155

Grut the Unclean (Butcher) (Level 2)
+Skullmantle
Cost: 150

Core:

Ogre Bulls
+4x Ogre Bulls
+Full Command
+Ironfists
Cost: 210

Ironguts (Add Tyrant)
+7x Ironguts
+Full Command
+Warbanner
Cost: 411

Ogre Bulls
+4x Ogre Bulls
+Full Command
+Ironfists
Cost: 210

Special:

Leadbelchers
+4x Leadbelchers

Yhetees
+4x Yhetees

Rare:

Slavegiant

Slavegiant

Total Points: 2247
Power Dice: 6 (+1 bound spell)
Dispel Dice: 4

Magic Weapon/Items:
Giantbreaker: +1 Strength
Siegebreaker: +3 Strength, Enemy Uses Init Not WS.
Wyrdstone Necklace: 5+ Ward save. Roll a D6 at start of game, on a 1 lose a wound.
Bangstick: Bound Spell 3 - D6 S4 hits 24" range
Skullmantle: -1 to Ld Checks caused by Butcher or unit joined
Warbanner: +1 Combat Res

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lizardmen army O'DOOM!!!!!!

Some sort of fat frog O'DOOM!!! - 2nd Gen, BSB, bane head, PoTepok and Protection - 565

Skink Priest O'DOOM!!! - Diadem of Power- 100

Jaguar Saurus O'DOOM!!! - Jaguar charm, GW, LA, shield, BSoTepok - 133

16 Temple Guard O'DOOM!!! - full command, shields, warbanner - 363

10 Skinks O'DOOM!!! -
Blowpipes

10 Skinks O'DOOM!!! -
Blowpipes

10 Skinks O'DOOM!!! -
Blowpipes

4 Kroxigor O'DOOM!!! -

4 Kroxigor O'DOOM!!! -

3 Terradons O'DOOM!!! -

4 Terradons O'DOOM!!! -

3 Salamanders O'DOOM!!! –

Diadem of Power – Can store up to 2 dice from current magic phase to use in next magic phase
Plaque of Devine Protection – 2+ Ward vs shooting
Plaque of Tepok – The Slaan knows 1 extra spell
Bane Head – Causes double wounds to 1 enemy character
Jaguar Charm – Model is Movement 9

·
453 Posts
Woah, what a match up. Ok, this is going to take a lot of thought.

The Objective for the Ogres is simply. Kill the Slaan and win the game. The best unit to do this is the big unit of guts with the Tyrant. If this fight happens it will most likely be the Ogres who charged and with Impact hits, 10 attacks (so 5 hits, and all wound on average) from the Ironguts, and then the attacks from the Tyrant (5, with 3 hitting and all wounding) gives the Ogres 8 wounds, Banner, Warbanner and probably outnumber Vs 3 Ranks Banner, Warbanner, BSB and maybe 1 wound from the champion. This means the lizzies would be beaten and outnumbered by a fear causing enemy causing them to need double 1's, short of a miracle run away and game over.

So, the objective for the Lizzies here is to avoid that combat and win in other ways. There's no doubt that the 30 skinks will be able to deal with at least one of the giants, if not both if they are close together (60 shots with multiple shots, even needing 6's means a giant dead per turn). More than likely the Terradons will be used to march block the Ogres buying the Lizzie more time to make the most of the Magic and shooting. In other combats things are fairly level across the battlefield, the Yhetees with their Strength 5, -1 to hit them in combat and longer charge range will beat the Kroxi's but similarly the Kroxi's would beat the Bulls to a pulp.

One of the deciding factors will be what the Slaan gets so i'll hold my vote until the Spell list is up.

Von

:X

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm loath to post tactics before finding out what spells my opponent has access to... But giving it some thought I doubt there's much I can change even knowing it really! As Von Smallhousen points out, the primary threat to me in that army is the Slann and company... But dealing with the parts of it I can is the first step towards victory. So let's see..

Setup:

As noted above, the Tyrant goes in with the Ironguts. Normally I'd probably stick the Butchers in with the two Bull units, but in this case with Scouts on the opposing side I'll deploy them separately. The two Bulls go on either side of the Tyrant's unit (To avoid having a flanking charge, and potentially get their own in if possible!). Put the Leadbelchers on the hill to the right side of the deployment zone and the Yhetee on the left in/near the woods. Giants going on the far flanks, in this case, to allow them the potential to get side-charges on his units and some encircling potential. The two Butchers are probably the most important part of the setup. Setting them up back a bit, with one in the woods, so that he's within 10" of the rear of the field and can draw LoS out of the cover. The objective here being simple: Scout rules state that they must start in/behind cover, and at least 10" away AND out of line of sight of the opponent. With him facing the back corner and the other standing on the hill (behind the leadbelchers) facing towards the woods there's no legal place in my deployment zone he can deploy them (As there's only one piece of cover in my DZ, and none in the mid field, this means he's essentially forced to 'scout' into his own deployment zone by my understanding).

Playing:
This is the tough part, but there's a few advantages to me here. While it is true that he can use his fliers to stop me from marching potentially, he only has 5 dispel dice (And +1 to dispels, admittedly), with 6 casting dice and a bound spell I should be able to get off at least one or two spells a turn. Which means unless he's letting me cast other spells (like Bullgorger or Trollguts on my Tyrant & Co.) there's a good chance I can use Braingobbler on his fliers. And even with Cold Blooded their Ld being so low even without Skullmantle they're likely to panic, with the skullmantle it's almost guaranteed. The biggest threats to me are most likely to be the Slann and the Kroxigars. My hope being to use the Leadbelchers, Giants, Yhetee and Bulls to tie them up long enough for my Tyrant and Ironguts to off the Slann, then it's just a matter of mopping up the remains.

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
Woah! that is a nasty Lizardmen list. Be afraid of the Skinks, Kroxies and nasty frog on the chair.

With adequate concentration, those Blowpipes will be a killer on the Ogres. And with 4 DD, the Lizzies magic will hurt. Also, the Slamanders will do lots of damage given the chance

But the Skinks have the same range as an Ogres charge. This means they'll get 1 or 2 shots of at them. The Ogres will EAT the Skinks in combat. If they can even slightly minimise the impact of the Slann, they should be able to isolate the Temple Guard, surround them and pick them off. With only 16 of them (so US 21 including the overweight frog), outnumber will be easy to get for the Ogres.

So, after much deliberation, I'm going with the Ogres but my vote is live.

-AFG

·
Registered
886 Posts
Each blowpipe does 2 shots poisoned attacks 20 shots per pipe ~3 (a bit more) poison hits that autowound and one ogre goes down (or 2 wounds on a irongut) per skink squad. . . then the ogres charge and the skinks stand and shoot and it happens again. suddenly the bull units might not even complete the charge due to casulty induced leadership checks and even if they do the skinks have already statisticly blown away more than their point value in bulls.

This is a very hard matchup for ogres magic and poison are both brutal to them. I want to support the ogres but I fear the Lzardmen are going to win this one

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
Ill cast my voter Lizardmen on this one.

Tons of magic, shooting, and enough CC power I think too. Terrodons, with 3 attacks each, in the flank of a ogre unit in 1 line can really hurt, esp in a combined charge, 3d6 pursuit will crush what ever they break.

Tim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Each blowpipe does 2 shots poisoned attacks 20 shots per pipe ~3 (a bit more) poison hits that autowound and one ogre goes down (or 2 wounds on a irongut) per skink squad. . . then the ogres charge and the skinks stand and shoot and it happens again. suddenly the bull units might not even complete the charge due to casulty induced leadership checks and even if they do the skinks have already statisticly blown away more than their point value in bulls.
Remember two things: You can't stand and shoot if I start within half my charge range, and you can't get Poison on a 7+. With movement, long range and multiple shots all working against them they'd need 7+ to hit and no poison. Either they sacrifice half their shots to do it (Making it unlikely they'll down an ogre, needing 6s), or they have to get within 6" of me with a 6" move and then suffer a charge to which they cannot stand and shoot! If the blowpipes had longer range, like 18", I'd readily agree with you that I'd be pretty well stuffed by the poison, but with only a 12" range I just don't see them as much of a threat to my ogres most of the time (So long as I'm a bit careful about my movement anyway).

·
Registered
237 Posts
This Lizardman army is very similar to my 2k - 2.5k lists and so I understand how potent it is. Having faced Ogres before and decimated them with a combination of fire power from salamanders and skinks, with the Slanns dominating magic and then finishing the rest with a huge block of temple guard I will be giving my vote to the Lizardman player Stonehambey.

The ogre units will be reduced to small units in turn making them unable to stand up against 4 kroxigor or the temple guard block. The only unit for concern would be the Ironguts and Tyrant.

Skinks would need to be maneuvered in a sensible position and the terradons could be used to march block and lead units away to be dealt with later.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
The Ogres have some nasty units, but i think they may be too few. The points invested in Full commands and such just wont pay off. The Krox can pretty easily match the Ogres on combat, if not better them. Terradons are nasty things too, as well as Sallies, going vs low armour they wil have a pretty good time. And i havent even mentioned the froggy yet. Lizzies take this one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.