Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Note: Player listed first has top deployment zone.

Map = 8. Empire Plains

First Turn = andre

Kai-Zlat's Unforgiving Jungle

Kai-Zlat
Saurus Oldblood - 262
- Great weapon
- Light armour
- Charm of the jaguar warrior
- shield
- Aura of Quetzl
- Blessed spawnings of Tepok, Sotek and Quetzl

Saurus Scar-veteran - 141
- Cold one
- Spear
- Light armour
- shield
- Blessed spawnings of Itzl and tepok

Saurus Scar-veteran - 141
- Cold one
- Spear
- Light armour
- shield
- Blessed spawnings of Itzl and tepok

Skink priest - 115
- 2 dispel scrolls

12 skinks
- javelins and shields

13 skinks
- blowpipes
- scouts

13 skinks
- javelins and shields
- scouts

8 Saurus cavalry - 355
- full command
- war banner

6 saurus cavalry

4 terradons - 150
- brave

4 kroxigor

3 salamanders

3 salamanders

Charm of the jaguar warrior – Movement becomes 9

Aura of Quetzl – Attacks above str 5, model gains a 4+ ward

Blessed spawnings of Tepok, - +1 dispel dice

Sotek - +1 Attack when charging

Quetzl - +1 armour save

Itzl – May ride cold one or carnosaur

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legion of the Scorpion King

Tomb King
Collar of Shapesh
Armour of the Ages
Vambraces of the Sun
Great Weapon
Shield

Hierophant
Cloak of the Dunes
Hieratic Jar

Liche Priest
Skeletal Steed
Staff of Ravening

Liche Priest
Casket of Souls
Golden Ankhra

3 Chariots

3 Chariots

24 Skeleton Warriors
Musician
Standard Bearer
Banner of the Undying Legion

20 Skeleton warriors
Musician

1 Scarab Swarm

4 Ushabti

5 Carrion

Tomb Scorpion

Tomb Scorpion

Screaming Skull Catapult 110pts
Skulls of the Foe

Incantation Dice: 2x1D6 + 4x2D6
Bound Spells: 1xPL3 + 1xPL4
Power Dice: 2
Dispel Dice: 5 (and -1 to enemy casting rolls)

Collar of Shapesh:- Transfer a wound on a roll of 4+ to a model within 4"

Armour of the Ages – 5+ armour save, +1 wound

Vambraces of the Sun – 1 model in base contact loses 1 attack

Cloak of the Dunes – May fly

Hieratic Jar – Cast 1 extra spell for one turn

Staff of Ravening – Bound level 4, range 18”, 3D6 Str 2 hits

Golden Ankhra – 4+ ward

Banner of the Undying Legion – Bound lvl 3. Casts summoning spell on unit.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Mmk..., tactics.

Im going to go with a refused flank deployment, over towards my left, in order to remove the forest from the game somewhat. Skinks in there could get annoying.
Basing my deployment around my SSC and Casket, who will be well covered from charges by the troops, but still having a good Line of Sight.

Only one enemy priest, with 2 scrolls. They will likely be saved for the Casket in the first two turns, meaning the rest of my magic will dominame pretty easily. Ill have 2 shots with the SSC each turn early on, the Bound spells will be useful, and later on, my Movement and Resurrection spells will be incredably useful and dominating.

The erradons will be a key target early on, as their flight will prove threatening to my SSC and Casket. Fear/Terror will eb useful, but purely a backup option. My Staff of Ravening, bows and possibly a chariot charge will be aimed at them early on if needed.

The Jaguar wll be less of a threat, as he must move along the ground, and so defense will be easier to cover.

The Ushabti will be going for a magical charge against the Krox asap, and with extra attacks and resurrection from spells, they krox will fall to the Ushabti no problem.

The SSC will likely prioritise the Saurus Cav as early targets too, and once they get stuck int the skellies they should be pretty bogged down and defeated easily enough.

Hopefully the Casket may come through in turn 3 to deal with Skinks and Sallies, and whatever else is left. If not though, then the Staff of ravening, my archers, and the Scorpions should make pretty short work of them.

Carrion will be useful for general annoyance and march blocking of the faster units.

All in all, the lack of Lizzie magic defense should make this a pretty easy game for me to control and win i think.

Edit: Indeed Andre, good luck to you too :)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Forgive for not putting it at the end of my list but I do have 6 dispel dice.

I know i'll still be under the kosh in terms of magic, but i should be able to hold off enough of it in the first couple turns, to get close in and start dealing serious damage to the TK units.

The basic plan is to get forward as quickly as possible, and get stuck in. Having first turn will help considerably.
Knocking out the enemy magic is the main priority as it will give my stronger units an even battle which they will ultimately win.

The army of skinks, should help to screen my main units form all those bows, the staff or ravening and the casket of souls, and also make it difficult for the heirophant to hide later in the game.
There would be a gap between the skinks and the main units meaning that any magical charges could be fled and countercharged. Im not saying this will happen all the time, but the oppurtunity would probably present itself in this game at some point.

The Terradons will obviously be going straight for casket or catapult whichever presents itself. I know that it is unlikely they would be exposed but this would limit their lines of sight.

I dont think my salamanders can be easily rulled out either, with their ability to wipe out entire units of skeletons in one turn. However, a main use of these beasts will be to use the hill to shoot over any intervening units at the catapult.

The jaguar saurus of doom will make things incredably difficult for his chariots or get the jump on any scorpions. He will set up with one the screening skink units ready to charge out, or with the help of a stand and shoot reaction hold a charge from the enemy. He will also be a great tool for ruining liche preists when the game breaks up.

I also have two very powerful untis of cavalry which should be in combat by turn two.
even if they face an enemy charge they still have a very good chance of winning the combats, given the scar veterans who will join them, and the large number of attack they'll have from a wide frontage.

All in all, I think that the far superior combat potential of my units will win the day once I get in close, which I will do quickly.

I would love to play this game in real life... good luck phoenix... and cheers for voting.

·
Registered
14 Posts
With the low leadership of lizards I think that a lot of focus is going to have to be placed on protecting them from the Casket of Souls (since Cold blooded won't help against it?) meaning that the tomb kings will get to cast quite a bit of magic, since the casket goes last.

This is a tough one to call, especially for a new player like myself, but I'm going to have to go with the tomb kings on this one, the combination of fear/terror, screaming, fiery skulls of the foe, superior ranged firepower and the shorter range of the lizardmen requiring them to move up close and eat potential casket frying pulls me in that direction.

Luckily, lots of people get to vote and perhaps I'm missing quite a bit in this interplay.

VICTORY: TOMB KINGS

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@BirchQ: Cold-blooded effects all leadership tests lizardmen take. So yes it will effect the casket's terror.

Man, close, close, close match-up. The Tomb Kings have a fairly large magic advantage as everyone has stated, but the question is will it be enough to make up for the power units the lizardmen can bring to the table. The Oldblood, 2x Scar-Vets on Cold Ones, 2x Saurus Cav units and 2x Salamander units are all going to hurt.

The Casket will hurt the skinks a fair amount due to their lower leadership. Still not sure it's going to be enough though to turn the tide for the Tomb Kings.

I think Kai-Zlat's Unforgiving Jungle just barely squeaks this one out.

·
7,143 Posts
@BirchQ: Cold-blooded effects all leadership tests lizardmen take. So yes it will effect the casket's terror.
AHHH!!! C'mon Spec... i thought you knew TK...

The casket doesnt force Ld tests... you roll 2D6, add 2, and minus the enemy units LD. they take the result in wounds with no Armour saves allowed.

There is no Ld test to be taken, and so here, Cold Blooded wont come into play.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, that's how I read the rules on the Casket, it isn't a test, low leadership just determines how many of your troops get devoured by it (lots in the case of a low leadership army like lizzies or goblins).

This can turn into a votewar on whether cold blooded counts for that!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I'm afraid Phoenix is right on this.
The casket tests against the lizardmen leadership on 2d6.
However, I dont think this will affect the battle too much.
I've got the ability to limit the casket early on, and later in the game most of my units will be in combat.

·
7,143 Posts
I'm afraid Phoenix is right on this.
The casket tests against the lizardmen leadership on 2d6.
However, I dont think this will affect the battle too much.
I've got the ability to limit the casket early on, and later in the game most of my units will be in combat.
Indeed, i already kinda saw that hapenning, so accounted for it in tactics.

Anyway, im kinda opposed to repeat tactic posting etc etc, so lets just let the voters get on with their job now eh? :)

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
This match will be tough for both sides. But 6 DD will blunt the TKs magic some. But Fear will play a huge part once combat is reached.

I think the Blowpipes will be efficient here, reducing the units into manageable size.

6 DD and 2 Scrolls will mean that a few important spells won't get off if the defense is well managed so it won't win Phoenix the game here.

The factor that swung me was the JSoD. If he charges the Chariots and other powerful units (like the Ushabti, for example), it will wrack up loads of victory points, and he'll be left to pick of whatever (like the SSC). As I didn't see Phoenix's tactics made to counter it, it should be big here. Thus, I'm voting Lizardmen for a minor victory, though a Draw is very plausible.

-AFG

·
Registered
886 Posts
lizzy dispel dice are not going to go very far. . . at least 3 will need to be saved to dispel the casket, the rest will stop probably 2 incantations. That's quite a bit of multiple shots, extra hits, and rezzing skellies.

also arrows of the asp special rule is going to make it so that the skink skirmishers are going to be easy to clear out.

Tomb Kings

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
As said, I reckon it's a close one. The CC potential VS the Magic potential is a tough one to split...

In the end, my vote goes to the Tomb Kings. I think too too much can go wrong in terms of the Lizardmen army. Like the terrodons fleeing in terror from the casket, chariots getting the charge on salamanders, etc. The TK army has plenty good CC potential to win the day I think...just.

Tim

·
Now 17% more helpful
2,247 Posts
Hmm, tight battle.

The biggest thing that I can say is that Andre has the first turn.

THAT IS HUGE in this game. His cavalry will be 14" closer to the enemy by the end of turn one. The terradons will be nearly in the lines, and ready to charge, and the skinks, sallies and kroxigors won't be far behind.

If Andre uses his dispel scrolls on the casket for the first 2 turns, then that device is basically rendered useless, as he will have his terradons, or scouting skinks right by it by turn 2. They can easily kill the priest, and with cold blooded, the ld test is less of a bother.

The rest of the dispel dice should be focussed on keeping the catapult as quiet as possible, and stopping charges, and although magic will get through, not enough will to make a big enough dent in the lizzies lines.

Lizardmen should just edge this.

ninja out

·
Registered
353 Posts
I think that the Casket of Souls will run havoc with the skinks. They will panic and force some other units to panic. The lizardmen is a very hard hitting force but the units are just too small to take 2 turns of shooting from the SSC every turn.

My vote goes towards Tomb Kings

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
My will be done....

Hmm, a toughie, given the layout of the map though I can see the Tomb Kings winning this one. The casket of Souls should be effective given the low Leadership of the lizards, whilst the SSC, abundance of chariots and strong magic will give them a slight edge.

So its TK for me

·
Registered
242 Posts
With early assassination of Skink priest by Scorpions or SSC the magic phase becomes TKs. And with skinks v Casket, thats a lot of dead skinks. The Cold blooded rule is no advantage here.

The Scar Old Blood is a unit killer. And a battle between Kroxigor and any Tk is going to the Krox.

I'd say magic dominance will win day for Tomb Kings

·
Registered
41 Posts
Even though the Lizzies have the first turn, the TK will have enough march / charge blocking units to slow them down. I am surprised nobody has mentioned this as the TKs mentioned this in his tactics. With the overall edge going to the TKs in the magic phase and his ability to stay off the Lizzies charge for at least an extra turn or two by block his precious special units, I gotta go with...

Tomb Kings for the WIN!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.