Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Note: Player listed first has top deployment zone.

Map = 10. Woodland Ambush

First Turn = gingerninja

Army of Prince Draeth

Draeth Silverlight
Elf prince
Blade of Sea Gold
Armour of Caledor
Guardian Phoenix
Longbow
Great Eagle
300pts

Korhil

Caralis Fireheart
Dragon Mage
Lvl 2
Silver Wand
Ring of Fury
435pts

10 Archers

10 Archers

15 Spearmen
Full Command
160pts

15 Swordsmasters of Hoeth
Full Command
Talisman of Loec
Banner of Sorcery
315pts

14 white Lions of Chrace
Full Command
Lion Standard
265pts

5 Dragon Princes of Caledor
Full Command
Banner of Ellyrion
The Gem of Courage
225pts

Lion Chariot of Chrace

Great Eagle

Silver Wand – Bearer knows 1 extra spell

Ring of Fury – Bound lvl 3 – casts fury of Khaine

Banner of Ellyrion – Ignores difficult terrain, treating it as open

Gem of Courage – May make 1 Ld test on 3D6, keeping the lowest 2 dice

Talisman of Loec – One use only: Bearer of this item may reroll any to hit and to wound rolls for 1 close combat phase. Anyone taking hits in this manner must reroll and successful armour or ward saves. At the end of the close combat, the bearer takes a wound, with no saves of any kind allowed.

Banner of Sorcery - +D3 power dice

Lion Standard – Unit is immune to fear and terror

Blade of Sea Gold – Ignores armour saves

Armour of Caledor – 2+ armour save

Guardian Phoenix – 5+ ward save

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The White Host of Caranthir Elensar

Caranthir Elensar: Lorekeeper of the White Tower
Archmage: 360pts
Lvl 4
Book of Hoeth

Elrohir Elensar: Dragon Mage of the Flame Peak
Dragon Mage: 435pts
Silver Wand
Ring of Fury

Elessar Arnatuilë: Junior mage of the White Tower
Mage: 140pts
Lvl 1
Staff of Sorcery

17 Spearmen: 176pts (Mage here)
Full Command

10 Archers

14 Swordmasters: 315pts (Archmage here)
Full Command
Banner of Sorcery
Bladelord has the Skeinsliver

6 Dragon Princes: 200pts
Champion

14 White Lions

2 Repeater Bolt Throwers

2 Great Eagles

Total: 2246pts
PD: 9 + D3 + up to 3 ‘free’ dice + 1 Bound
DD: 6 + +2 to dispel

Silver Wand – Bearer knows 1 extra spell

Ring of Fury – Bound lvl 3 – casts fury of Khaine

Banner of Sorcery - +D3 power dice

Skeinsliver - +1 to first turn roll

Book of Hoeth – All spells successfully cast containing any double, except double 1, are irresistible force

Staff of Sorcery - +1 to dispel

·
Now 17% more helpful
2,247 Posts
Right, clearly these enemies have fallen from the light of the Asur and deserve to be punished!!

Seriously, High elves vs High elves......... lots of asf corpses here.

Well I have the first turn, so I shall declare my tactics now, and when I get my magic spells, I will describe what I will do with them.

First of all, I think I have magical dominance here. My opponent has 1, lvl 2 mage, and can generate a maximum of 10 dice per turn. I get 6 dispel dice and a +2 to dispel on all cases. I can generate a maximum of 15 power dice, and my opponent has just 3 dispel dice, so even without the book of hoeth, a lot of my magic is going to get through.

We both have dragon mages, but I have the destinct advantage of being able to shoot his down quickly, using my bolt throwers. His lack of save and my first turn, should allow me to put the mage in the grave by the end of turn 2 at the latest. My archers will deploy near them, and concentrate fire on any threats to the bolt throwers, such as the eagle or the lord. I know they won't kill the lord, but if he can't fly, he is less of a threat.

Once the dragon is down, my bolt throwers will concentrate on the dragon princes, while the dragon mage will fly out and crush the chariot, then circling round to flank charge the enemy. The troops will sit back, and wait to be attacked, as there is little his ranged attack can do without support, and my magic should help me there, (once I know what it is, I will tell you by how much....)

Once the fastest elements of his army are damaged, I will concentrate on flank charges and making my speed count. This combined with my shooting and magic should weaken his numbers quite quickly. My eagles should be able to march block while trying to avoid the sting of his archers, allowing me more time to whittle him down.

ninja out

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
Well, given that I don't know a whole lot about HEs, throkkenn can still sway me.

throkkenn has a good edge. his archers can fire from the relative safety of the forest, which will help. He has 4 units of interest IMO: Dragon Princes, Swordmasters, White Lions and Spearmen, and an edge in shooting.

Gingerninja has the same units, but a superiority in magic. I know how lethal it is, so I think he'll win this pretty convincingly. His first turn could be a nasty prospect of throkkenns Dragon mage with 2 RBTs.

-AFG

·
Bearded Ninja
2,678 Posts
right, seeing as these lists are near enough identical we need to look at what both lists don't share.

throkken:
prince on eagle
lion chariot
10 archers

ginja:
archmage
normal mage
2X RBT's
+1 eagle

from this i seriously reckon local ninja has the upper hand. With a superior magic and shooting phase he can tip the favour to himself when it comes down to combat (all games are eventually resolved in combat after all). With the better odds of having an intact dragon and having great odds of taking out the chariot and enemy dragon, i'm going to have to hand it to ginger ninja

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.