Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Note: Player listed first has top deployment zone.

Map = 4. Axe Bite Pass

First Turn = DavidVC04

BirchQ's 2250 Point Wood Elf Army
led by General Qalliadria the Spellweaver

Lords (Lady)

Qalliadria, Level 4 Spellweaver (Upgraded)
+ 3 Dispel Scrolls
+ Ranu's Heartstone: 345

Heroes

Nimlindel, Alter Kindred Noble
+ Hail of Doom Arrow
+ Great Weapon: 134

Feathyir, Noble
+ Army Battle Standard Bearer: 90

Core

8 Dryads:
8 Dryads:

12 Glade Guard + Musician + Standard: 162
12 Glade Guard + Musician + Standard: 162

5 Glade Riders + Musician: 129
5 Glade Riders + Musician: 129

Special

3 Tree Kin:

7 Wardancers + Musician: 133

5 Wild Riders of Kurnuos + Musician + Standard + Warbanner: 173

Rare

1 Treeman:

5 Waywatchers:

Magic Items:

Hail of Doom Arrow: One use only. Fires 3D6 magical arrows
Ranu’s Heartstone: Reroll 1 dice in a dispel attempt (one use only)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wood Elves

Findul, Lord of the Piney Glen
Findul rides a long-time ally of the Wood Elves, the noble Great Eagle Bene-Talus. Findul wields a spear, the Enchanted Shield, light armor, the Bow of Loren, and the Arcane Bodkins, which pass with eldritch ease through the strongest armor.

Osage the Many-Thorned, Branchwraith of Athel Loren
Osage has dwelled far longer than any Asrai in the shadowed woods of Athel Loren. Only Drycha does she fear. She wields a cluster of malevolents and uses the Lore of Athel Loren. Level 1 wizard.

Teddril Kel-Isha, Spellsinger of the Piney Glen
Teddril serves Lord Findul as a liasion to Osage and the other forest spirits. He wields two dispel scrolls and uses the Lore of Athel Loren. Level 1 wizard.

Thalis Arahain, Scout of the Piney Glen
Thalis serves Lord Findul by leading his cohorts on scouting expeditions. None know the hidden paths and groves of the Piney Glen better than Thalis. He wields the Hail of Doom Arrow, light armour and shield

Lord Findul's Bowmen
10 Glade Guard with musician
10 Glade Guard with musician
10 Glade Guard

Thalis's Scouts
7 Glade Guard Scouts with musician

Riders of the Piney Glen
6 Glade Riders with musician

Handmaidens of Osage
8 Dryads
8 Dryads

Worshippers of Loec
7 Wardancers with musician
7 Wardancers with musician

The Spears of Kurnous
6 Wild Riders with Wild Hunter, musician, standard bearer, and War Banner

The Perilous Pines
3 Treekin

Bena-Talus
Great Eagle. Bena follows her mate Bene-Talus into battle, a loyal in death as in life.

Hail of Doom Arrow: One use only. Fires 3D6 magical arrows
Bow of Loren: Model may fire as many arrows as they have attacks
Cluster of Malevolence: 6” range. D6 str 2 poisoned shots that hit on 4+ (may stand and shoot)
Arcane Bodkins: Arrows ignore armour saves

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
My branchwraith has a cluster of radiants for +1 dispel die. There's a mistake in the listing.

My shooting will focus on his Dryads and Fast Cav, Fast Cav first. I'm saving his archers for my own fast units so that I can capture his standards for VPs.

HoDA will make short work of his Wild Riders, and as I have first turn, I'll be looking to pop them early.

His weaver has little protection unless he's willing to grant her a bodyguard unit, which means they can't join the combat. My general will hunt her down and grab more VPs.

I'll look to bait, redirect, and block the Treeman with my eagle and glade riders.

Waywatchers are easy kills. They can easily be deflected with Dryads or Wardancers. If he deploys behind my lines, my own skirmishers will pin them and defeat them in combat.

When it comes down to it, I think I have a better army build. The improved shooting will really hurt him. WIth his fast cav units gone, his Treekin and Treemen will be unsupported. I can afford to lose a unit of War Dancers, whereas he can't.

I'll deploy back to allow for more shooting and counter his movement. It'll be a fun game, lots of interesting movement, but I think I have more speed and mobility with flying units, and a greater ability to take out high value units like the general. And the standards on archers is a big mistake. That's easy VPs.

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
The board is pretty much symmetrical, affording no side a significant advantage.

The Weavers Scrolls were points sink IMO because Daves magic doesn't seem like he relies on it a whole lot. I think a Weaver is also a waste for reasons mentioned above. He has to hide her in a unit (so it can't engage- an inactive WE units is as good as a dead one, and her LoS is limited) or she goes alone. You can only last so long with a psychopathic eagle-mounted Elf after you.

Dave has superior shooting, and in WE v WE battles, that;'s the difference often, with both sides able to avoid charges for extended periods.

With the WWs abilities to hide nerfed (all units count as having 360LoS apparently), thats over 100pts not doing much.

Also, after giving the lists much thought, I'd rather command Daves list, so I'm voting for him. But it WILL be a close battle. The lists look very even.

-AFG

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Well same armyy matches are always hard to call. Basically i removed all the similiar things from each list, and had a look what was left. I think the Treeman is quite a big factor in this game, aganst lightly armoured opponants, strangleroot can become quite deadly. Hence im going to give this to the side with the biggest Tree, BirchQ.

·
Rarely Posting Since 2005
216 Posts
Davie is correct. His superior shooting and movement are significant advantages. Therefore, I deem Wood Elves the victors. Or, more specifically, David's Wood Elves.

And now an emoticon to portray my feelings::party2:

·
Now 17% more helpful
2,247 Posts
In same army battles, it is best to look at the differences, as a wise, (yeah right), dwarf named Arklite once told me.

With that being the case, I think DavidVC04 has this. Except the treeman, the units that Birch has added won't be able to do as much damage as the ones David has. He has a better close combat attack, and a better shooting round.

ninja out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.