Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Note: Player listed first has top deployment zone.

Map = 11. Fields of Bretonnnia

First Turn = Bleyden

The Host of Slann Itzakai of the Plains of Yatzlax

Lord
Slann Itzakai 590 Points
2nd Generation
Sacred Plaque of Tepok
Divine Plaque of Protection
Sun Standard of Chotec

Hero
Skink Priest Munzdalo 100 Points
Level 1
Diadem of Power

Core
15 Saurus 204
Champion, Banner

15 Saurus------------204
Champion, Banner

10 Skinks-----------
Javelins and Shields

10 Skinks-------
Javs and Shields

14 Skinks---------
Javs and Shields

10 Skinks-------
Scouts
Blowpipes

Special
4 Kroxigor------

4 Kroxigor------

20 Saurus------284
Champion, Banner
Spawn of Tlatzcotl (Slann goes in here)

Rare
2 Salamanders---

Points-- 2250
DD ----- 5 (maybe 2 more from diadem)
PD ----- 7 (maybe 2 more from diadem, plus free PD for every spell)

Diadem of Power – Can store up to 2 dice from current magic phase to use in next magic phase
Plaque of Devine Protection – 2+ Ward vs shooting
Plaque of Tepok – The Slaan knows 1 extra spell
Sun Standard of Chotec – All shooting at the unit is at -1 to hit
Spawning of Tlatzcotl – Immune to Psychology

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The army of the Imperial Dairy Industry

Volkmar the Grim
-X

Captain Yorrik Goblinslayer- BSB, Sword of Sigismud, full plate

Warrior Priest Zealous Mike- Hvy armour, GW

Battle Wizard Frederickson- Lvl 1, Rod of Power, Power Stone

20 Flaggies- Prophet of Doom

20 Swordsmen, full comm (Detachments of 6 Militia and 5 Handgunners)

20 Spearmen, full comm, shields (Detachments of 7 Hlberdiers and 5 Handgunners)

Cannon

Mortar

13 Greatswords (Yorrik joins them)
-X

STANK
-X

STANK
-X

2246 points
77 models + 4 Warmachines
3 Power Dice (+ several Bounds and a Power Stone), but variable, courtesy of the Rod.
6 Dispel Dice, but variable, courtesy of the Rod.

Sword of Sigismund - +1 Str, bearer always strikes first
Rod of Power – Save up to 3 magic dice at the end of a phase. Roll a D6. If the number rolled is less than the number stored, then you may use the dice in the next phase. If not, they are lost.

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
Is it wrong that I was secretly hopping for a matchup against this type of army?

The Stanks are a mainstay of my army and they're pretty much Immune to magic. Also, my up to 9 DD will hold off a significant amount of spells. That's that front sorted.

My Mortar will start off by picking off the Scouting Skinks. Their T2 will prove enjoyable for me. Afterwards, the other Skinks are going down next.

The Cannon will be focusing on the Kroxies. Again, this will be just as fun. Focusing on teh Slann is a waste IMO with it's Plaque of Protection. Once they're gone, I'll focus on reducing his Saurus.

With the Skinks and most Kroxies dead, my 4 big infantry units should easily go toe-to-toe with his and come out better off. Again, what the Stanks and pope-mobile don't send running WILL get squished, including that morbidly-obese frog with a lack of any self-defense skills.

As for deployment, my Artillery will go in the forest so they can command the battlefield and irritate those Skinks that have any aspirations of an Artillery rush. The WALTAR will have the right flank, along with the Swordsmen in close support. The Stanks, Flaggies, Greatswords and Spearmen will dominate the middle, with the WALTAR flanking near the end. His support will prove useful.

His magic shouldn't do a whole lot and his shooting will be minimal once his Blowpipe-wielding Skinks are dead.

There are 3 models dominating my force. The 2 Stanks, and the Waltar. He can't harm either of them significantly enough (the Waltar with it's 4+, 4++ and 5+++ saves and MR(2)) and the Stanks being immune to poison and 90% of his magic. What does get through has to A) wound them on T6 and B) beat their armour saves of 1+. I can't see his force doing either of them.

With the BSB in the Stubborn Greatswords, don't expect them to run any time soon (they have a 92% chance of holding), as he has no Fear causers that will last long.

What I forgot to mention is that the Spearmen will be receiving services from Zealous Mike. that will give them a true punch.

-AFG

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
I dont know about the immunity of the Stanks you claim...lore of Metal will do a number on the Stanks...easy VP's from what I can see....(level 6 spell, 2d6 s7 hit against them...)

I'll hold onto my vote until the magic list is up, for this reason...

Tim

EDIT: Lizardmen for me at this stage. AS I said, lore of metal can do a number on the stanks.

9 DD for the empire all depends on how you roll. 1/3 chance of losing all the dice. Even assuming you get all 9 every turn, the the LM still get more powerdice, with all the free dice and at +1 to cast too. Spells will get through

I also dont think it's fair to say that the mortar will take care of the skinks. It's got a 1/3 chance of hitting them, so will hit twice bang on target in a game on average. Tere's 4 skink units to deal with...

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
I don't think Magic's going to be an issue. I have anything up to 9DD with which I can Dispel pretty much any spell I see fit, so he's going to NEED Irresistible Force to get them off tbh. even IF I don't get them, 6 should do fine.

Even if it does get off, you'd expect around 7 hits. And then you have to roll to wound. And then, I have another one and a Waltar.

My army isn't just about the Stanks (which, for the record, can function fine even if they suffer a few wounds), so one spell can't decide the fate of the game. Oh well, just my opinion.

Good game Bleyden. may the best contestant win.8Y

-AFG

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
I just want to check this item description:

Rod of Power – Save up to 3 magic dice at the end of a phase. Roll a D6. If the number rolled is less than the number stored, then you may use the dice in the next phase. If not, they are lost.

so.. its easier to store more dice? i think the wording may be wrong.

Im undecided here at the moment, ill call my vote in a bit.

Edit: I think the Saurus and odd shooting from skinks and Sallies will safely be able to handle the empire infantry blocks in combat, which pretty much leaves the Slann, 8 Krox, and the rest to take on 2 Steam tanks. And there, i see the Lizzies coming out on top.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Well I havent been able to get to a computer so I am only now writing up my tactics.

The scouting skinks will attack the war machines and either take them out or tie them up pretty quickly. Im not sure on the rules for the Stank so I dont really know what it does. I will probably just throw skinks at it so it cant shoot if its in CC (if it has CC that is). My magic will rule as the skink priest can use 3 dice per turn to get comet of casandora off and the 2ns gen slann can add a free dice whenever he casts a spell, cant miscast and gets +1 to cast. 6 DD will do nothing against him.

The sallies will take out the flags and magic and saurus will wear down the spearmen and greatswords.

If I knew what steamtanks did then I could attack them, but seaming as I dont I can delay them with skinks and magic them to death.

Victory shall be mine!! I will wear them down with magic and attrition as Saurus are the best infantry in the game.

Lizzies FTW!!!

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
I'd like to point out that A) The Stank can shoot out of combat with it's Cannon and burninating Steam Gun and B) It's Immune to poison.

Just so you know.

ED: As previously stated, the Cannon will be focusing on the Kroxies. They're unlikely to be a problem.

-AFG

·
Bearded Ninja
2,678 Posts
i'm kind of torn about this game. on one hand we have two steam tanks. on the other we have a slan who could very well be using the lore of metal and a good chance of getting a level 6 spell. if the slann can get that i can honestly see the steam tanks torn apart by 2d6 S7 hits. (unless of course i'm missing something)

·
Now 17% more helpful
2,247 Posts
This is a tough battle.

On the one hand you have the Empire. 3 large target machines of destruction and a decent infantry march. On the other you have the Lizzies, with their giant frog, and those destructive kroxigors.

With Bleyden having the first turn, he should be able to shoot at the cannon/mortar in the first turn. The maximum distance they have to be away is 18", and with a 6" move and then firing the range of their blowpipes, with a single shot, they should really hit on a 6+. That will kill 1-2 crew members, dropping the cannons efficiency dramatically.

The choice to save 3 PD for dispel dice is a wise one in this case, but with that item, it will only work 1/3 of the time, meaning that for 2/3 of the game the empire will be running with 6DD. That wouldn't be so bad, but those blasted giant frogs can put out a lot of spells, and the empires bounds are all a -1 effectively as the frog gets a +1 to dispel.

Then there are the kroxigors. 12 automatic hits, then strength 7 vs toughness 6 means that the tank is going to take 9 wounds, of which it will save 3, so 6 wounds caused. If that happens, the tank will be really unable to generate any more steam points, and will basically be a sitting duck. Even generating 1-2 steam points at that point becomes risky.

The same goes for the war alter, which counts as a chariot. 1 landed wound from the kroxigors will blow that thing to pieces.

In the end, I don't think the steam tanks and war machines can kill enough of the lizzies before their superior close combat troops make the empire lines, and the skinks poison the empire troops.

Lizzies will edge this

ninja out

·
Registered
353 Posts
In this case the Slann would choose Lore of Metal (hoping to get lvl 6 spell) and Lore of Life (rain lord) and so that should nullify a lotof the shooting. I would screen the Krox with skinks (so they cant be shot at and the 2 units of 4 Krox should get to the steam tank pretty unharmed and destroy in quicktime. The war alter will be hard to magic but those Krox are S7 so chariot go bye-bye.

even 9DD will be pretty useless against the potential 14 PD I can produce a turn. That means I can quickly use those DD up in time for a comet or lvl 6 spell of some sort. The saurus can take care of the spearmen and the greatswords will be magicked to death. thte sallies will help kill some spearmen too and their fear could play a part. The Krox also cause fear so :).

I think with the dice gods this could go both ways but I should win this.

·
Bearded Ninja
2,678 Posts
well seeing as my vote is worth something, I’m going to put my hand in for the lizardmen. Between the lore of metal just wrecking the steam tanks and the empire lacking enough "umph" in the rest of the list to stop the kroxies bowling over the empire troops.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is a tough one, as the superior firepower should be able to mop up the Lizzies, It is a matter of how much the Stanks could get off before they get crushed. The Lizzies have the magic phase DOMINATED in this one too, and that could give them just the edge they need to trump those machines and get into them with the rest of those cold bloods. Gotta go with the Lizzies on this one

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.