1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Map = 5. Winter Wonderland

First Turn = s0m3w0n

Lizardmen army O'DOOM!!!!!!

Some sort of fat frog O'DOOM!!! - 2nd Gen, BSB, bane head, PoTepok and Protection - 565

Skink Priest O'DOOM!!! - Diadem of Power- 100

Jaguar Saurus O'DOOM!!! - Jaguar charm, GW, LA, shield, BSoTepok - 133

16 Temple Guard O'DOOM!!! - full command, shields, warbanner - 363

10 Skinks O'DOOM!!! - Blowpipes

4 Kroxigor O'DOOM!!!

4 Kroxigor O'DOOM!!!

3 Terradons O'DOOM!!!

4 Terradons O'DOOM!!!

3 Salamanders O'DOOM!!!

Diadem of Power – Can store up to 2 dice from current magic phase to use in next magic phase

Plaque of Devine Protection – 2+ Ward vs shooting

Plaque of Tepok – The Slaan knows 1 extra spell

Bane Head – Causes double wounds to 1 enemy character

Jaguar Charm – Model is Movement 9

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORC HORDE

Black Orc Big boss 218 pts
Martogs's best basha
Bigged's 'ed kickin boots
Amulet of protectyness
Light armour
General

Orc Big Boss 147 pts
Battle Standard Bearer
Mork's Spirit Totem
Choppa'

Orc Big Boss 110 pts
Ulag's akk'rit Axe
Enchanted Shield

Night goblin Shaman 100 pts
x2 Dispel scrolls
lvl 1 wizard

26 Orc Boyz 212 pts
Full command
Extra Choppa

25 Orc Boyz 205 pts
Full command
Extra Choppa

25 Orc Boyz 205 pts
Full command
Extra Choppa

25 Orc Boyz 205 pts
Full command
Extra Choppa

25 Night Goblins 170 pts
Full command
x3 Fanatic
Hand weapon and shield

25 Night Goblins 170 pts
Full command
x3 Fanatic
Hand weapon and shield

20 Black Orcs 298 pts
Full command

x6 Spear Chukkas

Total 2250 of Orcs for you to kill.
3 casting dice.
3 dispel dice (plus mork's spirit totem)2 Scrolls.

Martogs's best basha: +1 WS, Int and Str

Bigged's 'ed kickin boots: +1 Attack

Amulet of protectyness: Model uses same ward and armour save as model that wounded it.

Mork's Spirit Totem: Adds dispel dice no = to the number of ranks of that unit.

Ulag's akk'rit Axe: +1 Str in first round of combat, reroll to hit rolls

·
Registered
285 Posts
Alright, For this battle I will deploy my blocks fron and center spread out a little so that skirmishers and undependant units will have a hard time sneaking by. The Night goblins will be on the far sides, and the bolt throwers on the hill behind me.

I will target slammanders and Kroxigors with my shooting from my bolt throwers. And basicly try to steam roll his lines (slann included)

Given that he has little combat troops I will hope to move pretty quickly through his lines and mop up after.

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
I'm leaning towards Orcs on this one. Even with the occasional animosity failure, that's a LOT of orcs and goblins. I don't see how the LM can do enough damage, even with magic superiority. And if that Slann's unit goes, the game is over for LM. The Orcs will eventually take out kroxies and sallies. Skinks will eventuallybe gone too, and there will still be lots of orcs on the table.

I vote Orcs.

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
All those orcs..all those bolties....

I can pretty much see the orcs slicing and dicing in combat, here. The bolt throwers can really cripple those kropxigors, and make them easy targets when it time for the waaaah!

The night gobbos can easily protect the bolties from harm, too, with the addition of fanatics. It could go both ways tho, but if 1 or 2 fanatics reach them, the units just about gone.

Lizzies certainly have magic on their side here, but not enough to win.

Tim

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
Wow. 171 Orcs and Goblins, not counting characters or warmachines.

I can't see the Slann making enough difference, even with the Lore of Fire and Shadow.

Thus, Orcs ftw, based on sheer numbers, and the occasional magically-induced charge.

-AFG

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, the Lizardmen list is good, but dear good that is a lot of greenskins they are coming up against. The O&G list is also well built, and sheer numbers are just going to bring down the Lizzies.

ORC HORDE

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Id really like to see tactics from Stoney for this one, i think there are some interesting things he could do to swing this his way.

For now im going to go with the Orcs, due to the sheer mass of them.

Edit: After talking with Soney and being informed he isnt a fan of tactic posting for various reasons, ive had to reconsider my vote.

I think with the Terradons aiminf for the Bolters, and the skinks could make a nice screen to lure out the Fanatics amongst the Orc and Gobbo lines early. If the rest of the Lizzies hold back a bit and allow the slann to work his magic, then i think the Fear causing Krox could waste a greenskin unit a turn quite easily. The saurus are no slackers in combat either, so im giving this one to the Lizardmen

·
Now 17% more helpful
2,247 Posts
Hmmm. This is a toughy. On the one hand you have the magically superior, and punchier Lizzies, on the other the mass of green....

The biggest problem the O&G have is those terradons, and their ability to take out the spear chukkas. With those gone, the O&G have no ranged punch, and the skinks will be able to lure out the fanatics, causing chaos in the O&G lines.

The O&G also have no faster movement units, meaning their lines could be battered by magic, and as long as Hameby eliminates the bsb unit first, the power of the morks spirit totem will be severly hampered.

As long as hameby gets some nice spells, and can take out the spear chukkas, I think he could have this horde broken in no time flat.

Lizzies ftw

ninja out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.