Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a confusing topic for me, and I was wondering if any of you could clarify it.
My friend and I were wondering if feel no pain on a demon prince would work against power weapons as long as he had deamonic aura (5+ invulnerable save). the rules state that feel no pain doesn't work against weapons that allow no save, but it doesnt specify wether an invulnerable save counts.
Please Help

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
no feel no pain does not work against power weapons. you can use the invul save for power weapon attacks only, you cannot combine that with feel no pain. so if you fail the invul save, you take the wound.

·
Son of LO
4,529 Posts
An invulnerable save and an armour save are counted as being different for this purpose. A power weapon will always ignore feel no pain, because it doesn't allow an armour save even if it allows an invulnerable one.

I mean.. it seems silly if a guy whose forcefield doesn't work can shrug of a swing from a superpowered death stick of doom through toughness alone, merely because he had that shield on his body at the time.

·
Spiky
768 Posts
Feel no pain admissible wound list :

Any ranged weapon wound, regardless of armour penetrating or strenght value
Any close combat attack that allows save
Any magical attack, unless it's close combat attack that allows no save

Feel no pain inadmissible wound list :

Power Weapon or 2xToughness close combat attacks or attacks that allows no save.

I'm pretty sure I'm exactly right, but I'll recheck my codex tonight.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
MindRaked said:

Power Weapon or 2xToughness close combat attacks or attacks that allows no save.

I'm pretty sure I'm exactly right, but I'll recheck my codex tonight.
I just checked the codex- you are correct.

·
Spiky
768 Posts
Thank you !

·
Registered
671 Posts
MindRaked said:

I'm fairly sure that ranged attacks which double your toughness also ignore feel no pain. Thus a statured prince get the FNP vs las cannons, but railguns pose an issue.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
xrix1 said:
I'm fairly sure that ranged attacks which double your toughness also ignore feel no pain. Thus a statured prince get the FNP vs las cannons, but railguns pose an issue.
Chaos Codex, p. 48: "This ability (FNP) cannot be used against weapons whose strength is at least twice the Toughness of the model being hit or against c.c. weapons that allow no save."

So, yes, that's correct. This is one of the reasons why FNP is best on Statured Princes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts