Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to add some personality to my army by haveing some of my guardsmen look like females, with the hair and what not. I'm aware that it would be almost imposible to tell a girl from a boy in the armor, but i was just wondering if anyone had some tips as to how to make the faces in the helments appear female.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Whoah, what are the odds - I just came on here looking for the same thing, but my thoughts were on a set of female sculpts done by an alternative manufacturer. Sort of look like female Catachans, does anyone know the ones I mean? I'll try and find them..

Edit:

Here they are. Many more at ShadowForge

To be honest, I think this would be the best way to go, rather than going to the effort of making GW imperial guardsmen look female.

Alternatively you will be able to find a site where you can order a set of spare heads for modelling. I'm sure someone will provide a link to one... I just don't know whether it'll be enough to pull off the effect. After all, there are boobs to consider..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Cool

Whoah, what are the odds - I just came on here looking for the same thing, but my thoughts were on a set of female sculpts done by an alternative manufacturer. Sort of look like female Catachans, does anyone know the ones I mean? I'll try and find them..

Edit:

Here they are. Many more at ShadowForge

To be honest, I think this would be the best way to go, rather than going to the effort of making GW imperial guardsmen look female.

Alternatively you will be able to find a site where you can order a set of spare heads for modelling. I'm sure someone will provide a link to one... I just don't know whether it'll be enough to pull off the effect. After all, there are boobs to consider..
Gota say those look prety sweet. If i could... idk order just the heads and put the faces in the guard helments that would be sweet, is there a way to order such a thing?

·
Hero of War
1,348 Posts
Those models look pretty cool. I know for my guard I have done head swaps with everything, so I'm sure if you could find some female heads somewhere, that would suffice. With the armour on, I'm sure it would be pretty hard to tell them apart anyway. Not sure where you would be able to get heads from though, can't say I've seen any on my travels around the web!

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
i too was going to suggest hasslefree.

I'm always against the "Babe in Camo" look a lot of companies got going. I mean, really, with their heads shaved and being out in the field for a few months not eating enough, females tend to start looking like males anyway.

Take for instance, the top photo. This is a good looking lady: which is why there's a picture taken of her. But block out the face and you can't tell it's a boy or a girl!

Let's take it to the WW2:

All i'm saying is, no need to buy new models, just get cadians and give em female heads.

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
I've thought long and hard about a female army you see, glad to be of service!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been creating a mixed gender Gaurd army for a couple of years. I have used:

Escher
Eldar/Dark Eldar
Elves/Dark Elves
Mordheim
Sisters of Sigmar
some older models from the Warhammer range and even Sisters of Battle! OK don't faint, I haven't chopped off heads or filed off their Power Armour. I take moulds of their heads and use them with standard (beheaded) guard models, with a couple of other bits modeled with green-stuff, just for appearances sake :qq:

The Juves from Escher are quite cool if you drill out a Cadian helmet and give them a small backpack!

The Eldar/Elves are tricky because of their 'ahem' lack of suitable attire but it can be done with a carefull paint job or some greenstuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts