Librarium Online Forums banner

Do you think necrons have females

• Yes

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Obviously

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • The entire race is male and female but impossible to tell because most lost their minds

Votes: 35 53.0%
  • Their all male

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • No idea

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Gamesworkship didn't think it through

Votes: 9 13.6%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have Updated with better quality photos.

When starting a necron army I wanted something different, so I thought of having a female necron lord. Here is a female necron using a dark eldar scourge head and alot of green stuff, the breasts took ages to complete and are not just lumps on a necrons chest but actually finely placed to look realistic. The hair is golden because obviously necrons are made of metal, also it can be explained as tubes connecting to the slumber articers that never got disconnected after reactivation or just convenient hideaways for mindshackle scarabs to swarm from her head into the face of an attacking foe, also has anyone noticed necrons are massive, even compared to space marines their tall.

DSC04692.jpg DSC04693.jpg DSC04694.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would think that the bio-transference thingy would be putting the minds of the necrons into a sort of identical body for each rank, so i would think there are females, but you can't tell, unless, say, one of the quirks was to wear certain accessories, such as the ones shown above.
so heres the summary in case this is slightly confusing
necrontyr has males and females (presumably)
necrons have neither

·
gone fishin'
1,359 Posts
I don't see why a necron lord couldn't try and make itself look it used to as part of a personality quirk. It would probably end up looking horrific, but yeah. A lord could try.

Come to think of it, why don't we see necrons with proper flesh bodies surrounding their metal ones? They have the technology, and it would be useful from time to time.

·
Interrogator-Chaplain
5,356 Posts
Relax guys,though i agree that the metalic shells that they now inhabit are genderless,it would not sound impossible that a high influential Lord(lady actually)had a more quirky body made for her.Or after the awakening she modified the body to resemble more her past self.I say its possible.Send this to Gw.They might copy the idea and release one of those.Then we will have seas of rage from every direction:''Necrons,dont have boobs yo dog".And so on.

Anyone got the guts to make a space marine after he gets his?

·
Registered
804 Posts
I don't see why a necron lord couldn't try and make itself look it used to as part of a personality quirk. It would probably end up looking horrific, but yeah. A lord could try.

Come to think of it, why don't we see necrons with proper flesh bodies surrounding their metal ones? They have the technology, and it would be useful from time to time.
Because logically, which being "robots" would make sense that they followed it to some sense, its a waste of resources. The only ones that do it are the ones that are insane, hence flayed ones.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
"Dear Sasham, it's taken me a century to insinuate my way into your inquisition. There are few of my kind capable. Most of us are mindless, pure, undistracted by personality. But there are those of us who remember. Lords and ladies of another age, converted and purified but not cleansed of memory. I remember the frailty of emotion, the weakness of the flesh, the imperfection of morality." ~Necron Lord speaking to Inquisitor, Xenology

'nuff said, really.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm a cybernetic organism. Living tissue over metal endoskeleton (austrian accent).

Well, I like the idea especially the "medusa-hair" mind controll scarabs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Scarab Hair Attack

yes there is nothing that will scare the pants off you then attacking a necron lord only to have her hair explode with mind shackle scarabs that burrow into the juicy goodness of your mind and possess you

I'm a cybernetic organism. Living tissue over metal endoskeleton (austrian accent).

Well, I like the idea especially the "medusa-hair" mind controll scarabs.

·
My backpack has JETS!
1,983 Posts
Sorry it doesn't work for me. You may have noticed that all the Necron bodies imitate skeletal features -- hips, ribcage, and so on. Seeing as breasts are not part of the skeleton, sculpting a gigantic pair on a Necron Lord just looks a bit... daft.

There may very well be female Necrons. In fact, considering the entire Necrontyr race was either systematically executed or transferred into living metal bodies, it's not unreasonable to presume 50% of Necron Warriors were originally female. As for the higher ranks, that's up for debate. The Necrontyr could have operated a patriarchal society, oppressed women, perhaps only males were permitted to become soldiers, etc. We don't know.

·
Registered
226 Posts
If I was planning to model a female Necron Lord or Overlord differently, I think I'd try to indicate the difference via her "bling" rather than anatomy. Maybe there's some Tomb Kings crowns or jewellery that would look good on a Necron Overlord.

It would certainly make a double-Overlord (and double-Court) list fluffier - you could say that the two Overlords were a married couple prior to the biotransference, and still share the rule of their army.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Those are awesome. Remind me a lot of the Hello Kitty Space Marine that I painted for my ex-girlfriend's birthday last year. :D

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
There may very well be female Necrons. In fact, considering the entire Necrontyr race was either systematically executed or transferred into living metal bodies, it's not unreasonable to presume 50% of Necron Warriors were originally female. As for the higher ranks, that's up for debate. The Necrontyr could have operated a patriarchal society, oppressed women, perhaps only males were permitted to become soldiers, etc. We don't know.
The Necron Codex itself, when describing Ghost Arks, speaks that all civilians were subjected to biotransference, whether they wanted or not. That would include females also. So we can pretty safely say that the whole Necronkind includes both sexes in the exact same proportions as the Necrontyr society did. It might be 50/50, but not necessarily. Furthermore Necron Codex describes, in their relevant entries, that civilians were made into Warriors and professional soldiers were made into Immortals. Thus, Necron Warriors would most surely include the civilian female population also.

The Xenology quote speaks of the Lords and Ladies as 'those who remember' and the others are 'mindless, pure, undistracted by personality'. That would indicate that the 'lower orders' like Warriors are for all intents and purposes sexless automatons without much remaining of their personality, but that the 'nobility' would still remember who was what prior to biotransference.

As for the original subject of Necron lady model... I'm not sure if I like it or not. My Necron army has a few women in it: one of my Pariahs is a heavy conversion and does resemble female fully... But then again as a Pariah she is really human with some Necron parts in the mostly flesh body. One of my Destroyer 'lords' is, fluffwise, a lady, as are also all my heavy destroyers but you can only tell it by the butterfly color-scheme I painted on the destroyer body. In every other way they is just like all the other Necrons. Being Destroyers they don't really care one way or another. They are too busy killing stuff.

Pinkcrons FTW!!!

·
Shrug, k...
1,350 Posts
Shrug, I think it's a good concept for a female lord/lady. Given their variety of personalities, I think it's safe to assume that there're Necron Ladies out there who are self-conscious about their appearance (ref 99% of the human female population) especially now that they're no longer in their original bodies. So I don't see why they wouldn't spruce up and differentiate themselves from the guys especially if they're attending those Banquets/Feasts or other such regalias held amongst the Necron nobility (its probably safe to assume that appearance is still a large part of status, which is why most lords aren't as bare as regular warriors).

Now my big question is, since they've gotten their personalities back, I wonder what semblance of relationships they might be able to carry on, of course negating the physical aspect of intimacy but then I'm sure a lot of people on this forum would like to say that they're still beautiful on the inside when it comes to trying to find a significant other.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the original idea was to have two Phaerons that were a couple ruling one dynasty as a couple like the kings and queens of old and not all this political stuff necrons are into

·
Interrogator-Chaplain
5,356 Posts
Shrug, I think it's a good concept for a female lord/lady. Given their variety of personalities, I think it's safe to assume that there're Necron Ladies out there who are self-conscious about their appearance (ref 99% of the human female population) especially now that they're no longer in their original bodies. So I don't see why they wouldn't spruce up and differentiate themselves from the guys especially if they're attending those Banquets/Feasts or other such regalias held amongst the Necron nobility (its probably safe to assume that appearance is still a large part of status, which is why most lords aren't as bare as regular warriors).

Now my big question is, since they've gotten their personalities back, I wonder what semblance of relationships they might be able to carry on, of course negating the physical aspect of intimacy but then I'm sure a lot of people on this forum would like to say that they're still beautiful on the inside when it comes to trying to find a significant other.
Plausible but i recommend we dont expand more on the intimacy factor,this is the internet and although i know it i cant say i am prepared to read everything thats gonna appear at my screen

·
Double Clutching Weasel
3,279 Posts
I'm not trying to be negative, as anybody that spends that much time and creative energy should definitely be condoned and encouraged (unique models are always a positive in the hobby, in my book), but the model just doesn't do it for me. What bothers me is the old funbags molded on.

Now, I'm fairly egalitarian in my necron nobility in regards to gender, and like the concept of a Necron Lady leading her hoary legions. Cursed undeath is rather gender indiscriminate, after all. There is nothing in the fluff that would contradict such a notion, aside from GW's universe in general being fairly gender biased across all its factions (besides, maybe Tau HQs and the odd eldar guardian).

But, on a similar vain mentioned above, I would probably push the notion of a female necron by adorning her in more feminine attire and the appropriate bling. Maybe more of a robe/dress instead of the cape/loincloth thing that we have. A more dainty circlet/chain around the head instead of the crowns we have now. I might see if I could add face paint/makeup to the model in a convincing way. I would want to stick with the "this is a metal skeleton adorned with the trappings of a former existence" thing that necrons have going. The concept that body modification is a big taboo (unless you're crazy).

But all this is just me. It's what *I* like. It's a personal aesthetic. I do have to applaud your effort and creativity. These are great things. I like the notion of the medusa style hair with the mindshackle scarabs. So don't get me wrong, good work and keep at it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts