Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was really hoping to make an all-female Black Templar army, (sudden shock inspiration,) but I never see female Space Marine units.... are such conversions legal, fluff-wise? I figure with the kind of super-human engineering that goes into Marines, the fact that they're female wouldn't effect their efficiency much...

·
Registered
878 Posts
Uh... Sisters of Battle? ;)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the SoBs aren't space marines, this is especially noted through both them being recruited as orphans and their S/T ratings of 3.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Well, fluff wise there are no Female Space Marines, The process to create a full fledged Space Marine only works on males... so fluff wise female Space Marines are not legal. The Sisters or individual Inquisitors are as close as your going to get ...

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But where does it say men only? Is that an assumption or does it actually say no women can ever be born that way?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Say they're a cursed founding chapter, hence no Inquisitional record of their existance.

if anyone tells you its impossible point out that the flame falcons are permenently on fire because of their gene seed.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Hey Tiger Raja(Web master of the jungle for those who do not know who he is) has a red head female for a force commander. So who cares if you have females.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw that Force Commander too. At first I thought he was just doing it for kicks, (I never got around to reading the fluff in detail,) but then I wondered: what's stopping the Space Marines from being women instead of men?

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
Well, fluff wise it'd never work... Maybe for a cursed founding Chapter (where almost anything is possible) but even then they wouldn't be Space Marines simply because of the fact that they are women.

You have to see this as almost a convent kinda thing. Space Marines are warrior-monks (excact words of the Insignium Astartes) trained from a very young age to become Space Marines. The training is extremely tough and the bionic implants are so challenging to the body that most actually die from this (these implants are made from the gene-seed of the Primarchs and are designed to match the physique of the male body).

The Sisters of Battle are the female counterparts of the Space Marines (in a sense). They use the same equipment and weaponry and are nuns in the same way Space Marines are monks.
The women of the SoB are the only active warriors of the Adeptus Ministorum which is where the orphan girls are trained from a young age.

You could make a female Space Marine army but it would never get by fluff-wise...

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Aye, the geneseeds and many other implants only work when implanted in a male for some reason. If implanted in a woman she'd probably die rather quickly or her body would reject the implants.

And yeah I've seen that tiger army (tis a cool site btw), but haven't gotten round to reading his fluff yet.

·
1,019 Posts
Ive seen the tiger thingy as well.

I have a project on hand to make a female marine as a Lieutenant or something of the like for a Chaos army (what chaos army... still undecided).
Thats why im glad that they seem to be re-releasing SoB. (for those chest plates i so sorely need :lol: )

If you decide to make your all female army, pray you never face the Emperors Children :D .

·
Registered
696 Posts
Just becasue he is the prince of plesure doesnt make them horny.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ah yes, the only thing that could stop me from being Black Templar... fixed/improved Sisters of Battle. :lol: :D :w <:) :rolleyes:

Well, I think this thread is pretty much done. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hard to ignore, my Assistant warned me heavily. Damn you My Assistant, DAMN YOU!!! :blink:

·
850 Posts
No...for the ignoring part I was going to say the site w/ the guy w/ the Tigers of Veda. his website is www.thewarp.net/war/tigersofveda It is a good site. But pretty much I was going to tell you the same thing, but worded differently.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.