Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
I don't play feral.. But I do know. GET INTO HTH Other then that..... Upgrade as many Nobz as you can sicne they kick***! Uhhh..... Warbikes are nice.. Looted vechicles too.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Read the post, he said Feral. A good start is some Huntas with Big Shootas, and some Brutes or Madboyz for close combat punch. Also look into a Junkatrukk for some mobility.

·
Registered
735 Posts
If yer gonna go feral you gotta ave some boar boyz...mount em up an ...WAAAGH!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Just don't forgit ta add a Warboss to yer feral WAAAGH!

·
Pure Venom.
1,306 Posts
One word-
MASSIVE SQUIGGOTH
Strength and Toughness 7 with FIVE wounds and a 4+ save! ANd it scares the living sh1t out of the enemy when you get this huge dinosaur out onto the table!

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
Actually, one of the best strengths of a FO army is that they can actually shoot, well, at least as good as IG anyways. Because they have a 50% chance of hitting things every once in a while, you can actually make a couple of shooty squads with big guns.
If I were personally going to make an FO army, then I would put my command squad all on Cyboars/Super Cyboars. They are just awesome as hell.
I would also go buy a big plastic dinosaur from wal-mart, convert it a little, repaint it and use it as a squiggoth (It'll be cheaper and just as nice as the FW model if you do it like a guy at my gaming store did with his two squiggoths). Squiggoths are just plain nice, even though they aren't troop transports anymore. If only IG had a high toughness, multiple wound creature to mount a mobile heavy weapons squad onto... <_<

Oh yeah, you don't wanna use the CA2003, the CA2004 has the most recent rules updates for them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
FW (ie Forgeworld, GW's makers of resin kits) makes two models, a nice size Squiggoth and a zoggin' huge Squiggoth:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/QUATE...RE_ORKS_21.html

http://makeashorterlink.com/?H3C342207 (if the above link gets format-broken)

(scroll down a big for the bigger one).

At $110 and $340 each, they'z pretty flash.

On a good note, GW is making a plastic elephant-like kit for the Lord of the Rings series. It looks rather similar to the Chaos War Mammoth for Warhammer Fantasy that Forgeworld has done:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/warmammoth.htm (it'z $340)

Not exact, but similar to it. From what I've heard, this plastic kit will be the height of roughly a Necron Monolith stacked atop a Marine Land Raider. :blink:

No idea on cost, tho' I'd imagine it to be relatively cheaper than FW's resin kits.

As mentioned, there's always the use of toys or model creatures.

-Gorblitz

·
Registered
735 Posts
Squggoths rule...So if yer gonna go Feral you gotta have one or two, you also have to be rich.
The FW models are sweet but very expensive...might be better to scratch build or use an old plastic dinosaur toy and do a konversion.
Good hunting.

WAAAGH! Da Feral Orks

·
Registered
207 Posts
That Squiggoth ain't that great. Compared with an upgraded Carnifex's statline it's not so impressive. And the Carnifex will have an easier time hiding from enemy fire.

Looks-wise though, that's one helluva model! Is the Forgeworld beasty pictured 12" tall or more? It certainly looks it.

-=Count Jasper=-

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.