Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gladewalker
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm new to fantasy (been playing 40k for 5 years). I've got 8 games under my belt and have a couple of questions that I can't interpret from the rules.

1) Fast Cavalry. They dont see 360 for establishing whether or not they can charge, right? When moving them, can they move their full march distance even if they would be moving backwards due to the 'Free reform' rule?

2) Power dice. A lvl 2 wizard only generates 2 dice for him/herself per magic phase not 2 dice for each spell, right? So a High Elf mage can't cast 2 spells with 3 dice for each (2 from mage, 1 from pool).

3) A character is fleeing with a unit. The unit is under 25% even with character so they can't regroup. If the unit of regular troops got destroyed entirely from some more shooting leaving just the character, can he rally after that point?

Thanks for your help.

·
LO Zealot
1,568 Posts
1. Correct - they have a regular charge arc for determining what they can see. And they can move anywhere they want as long as no model moves over the maximum distance. Remember that they can be march blocked, though, and suffer the normal penalties for terrain.

2. Mages generate 1 power die per wizard level in the magic phase total, not per spell. Magic items or special rules can give you more, but general rule of thumb is 1 die per level. Dispel is half that, rounded up. So a level 1 or 2 generates 1 die, 3 or 4 generate 2 for the dispel phase. And that's total, as well, not per spell. :p

3. If the unit is completely wiped out, the character is now alone again... so he is not individually under 25% and can attempt to rally at the appropriate time.

·
Gladewalker
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'm even more happy with my WE cavalry now.

·
Firefly
4,209 Posts
WE cav is top notch. Sure we don't have all that fancy armour and stuff but the Fast Cav rule is very beneficial.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.