Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thank those of you who replied to my last post, it helped me a lot. But a few more questions arose since then.

Well I went out and bought the Death Guard Havocs, since they were the cheapest and I was short on cash this week. Found out they use all assault weapons which i'm actually rather glad about. Well anyway heres my questions this time around:

The death guard cannot use autocannons. I assume the reaper autocannon is included?

Can vehichles, though dedicated to nurgle, use heavy weapons that the infantry can't?

I'm told that infantry with the mark of nurgle can't use heavy weapons but terminators can?

Don't the term's need the mark of nurgle as well? or are they an exception to the rule that no one with the mark can have heavy weapons because of their term armor?

Is the rhino worth getting to "mount" my havocs on it? or should I just go for a predator?

As far as grenades go as a whole, do they need to be shown on the unit? All models or just 1 or 2? What about blight grenades?

Can all units use gifts of nurgle (such as blight grenades and minor psyker powers) or only those with access to the armory?

Is this more than a few questions?

Once again any answers to any of these questions would be greatly appreciated. thank you much

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
HeXsim said:
The death guard cannot use autocannons. I assume the reaper autocannon is included?
The Reaper Autocannon is not included. It is an entirely different weapon, and is allowed to be carried by Death Guard Terminators.

HeXsim said:
Can vehichles, though dedicated to nurgle, use heavy weapons that the infantry can't?
That is correct. Otherwise, Predators would be right out.

HeXsim said:
I'm told that infantry with the mark of nurgle can't use heavy weapons but terminators can?
Terminators are still allowed to carry the heavy weapons that they can buy. You'll find that Terminators are only allowed to buy Reaper Autocannons, and as we mentioned just a bit earlier, they can indeed use those.

HeXsim said:
Don't the term's need the mark of nurgle as well? or are they an exception to the rule that no one with the mark can have heavy weapons because of their term armor?
If you're going to play a pure Death Guard army, they will need the Mark of Nurgle. If you don't give them a Mark, then you're playing a Black Legion list with Nugle influences.

HeXsim said:
Is the rhino worth getting to "mount" my havocs on it? or should I just go for a predator?
I would go with Infiltration instead of the Rhino, and invest into a Predator to make up for the lack of Heavy Weapons.

HeXsim said:
As far as grenades go as a whole, do they need to be shown on the unit? All models or just 1 or 2? What about blight grenades?
Grenades are one of the exceptions to the WYSIWYG rule. Most people don't care if you don't model Frag or Krak grenades.

Blight Grenades should be modeled as they're a very special item.

HeXsim said:
Can all units use gifts of nurgle (such as blight grenades and minor psyker powers) or only those with access to the armory?
Only those with access to the armoury.

HeXsim said:
Depends on your definition of "a few."

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Death Guard terminators can use Reaper Autocannon as per the Chaos FAQ, Nurgle Vehicles can pack heavy weapons - everything else heavy is a no-no.

The Terminators will need a mark of Nurgle.

Generally it's best to represent nades on one or two models, but some people do not bother. It's very rare you get pulled on this.

Don't bother with a Rhino for your Havocs, get a Predator if you need more heavy support.

Only units with access to the armoury may take gifts of Nurgle.

Yes, this counts as more than a few.

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
I hope this will help,

The Reaper is still a valid choice for the Nurgle Terminators.

Yes, a Dread might have a lascannon. Even in a DG army.

A Nurgle Terminator might have both Reaper and Heavy flamer...though not in the same time.

To play a pure Death Guard army, and get the bonuses due to the favoured number, all units must bear the mark. All this is in the end of "the book of Nurgle" on p 52.
The heavy weapons availeble to them is the ones under the Chosen entry on p25.

I don't play Death Guard but from what I have seen on other Nurgle lists it seems a good idea to infiltrate those four plasma gunners (and the two other guys too:)).

I think regular grenades do not need to be modelled, but I think Blightgrenades might need such attention. This since it's a Gift from the god. I'm not 100% though...

In a "normal" unit Chaos Space Marine, not daemons, only the Aspiring Champion has access to the Armoury and the gifts. To have a minor psychic power the character must be a psycher and in a DG army that's only for the HQs and some chosen.

No, this is I guess but a few of the first. Hope there is many more to come.
The chaos codex is a tricky little book and some closer reading of it will pay off. I strongly reccomend p38, a lot of people seem to ignore this "all-text-no-pictures" page even though it's one of the key-pages.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I appreciate all the help I've gotten from you all, so far all of my questions have been given answers. Yet I just have these two left:

Where exactly do I get blight grenades? In the book it mentions that they are shrunken heads of the plaguemarines victims. The havoc pack that I bought comes with the waist options with grenades attatched to them. However, they all look like just regular grenades aside from one that looks like an extra ammo pack. Do blight grenade options come with the standard plague marine troops packs maybe? Can I maybe just attach a skull to their waste and say it's a blight grenade?

And one last thing.. the book mentions about the "champions of nurgle" having nurgling infestation, by champions of nurgle do they mean models as a whole or literally just the champions of units and independent models? This being said do I buy a pack of nurglings and plant them on the base of my models or do I improvise somehow? (I know that typhus comes with them already attached to his base)

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
Only characters who can select wargear can have nurgling infestation, and yes it should be modelled appropriately. As for blight grenades use your imagination, anything that looks vaguely like a nasty grenade can be a blight grenade,you don't have to use one specific item. Think "counts as".

·
Son of LO
3,475 Posts
ahhh sorry for confusing you about heavy weapons. On page 51 under mark of nurgle it explains which weapons units with mark of nurgle can't take. reaper autocannons aren't on this list so terminators can take them as normal.

For blight grenades just get the normal grenades and paint them plague marine colours.
If you want to get creative you could get a couple of eldar guardian heads (the ones without helmets) and paint them all diseased. That would look cool.

Minor psyker power isn't exactly a gift of nurgle. You must be a sorceror to be able to take it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts