Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helllo folks. Could you please help me figure out two little rules questions that have been bugging me ?

1) "Mork's dance of War" (hope the translation is understandable, we got the French Army Book). Spell from the Great Waagh. Target unit takes 1d6 S6 hits, then you roll a dice, on a result of 5+ you may chose another unit and do the same, etc. How would this spell affect an unit with magic resistance, if this unit is not the initial target, but the second one ? Do you bypass the magical resistance ?

2) This one is a little tricky, as often when night goblin fanatics are involved. Imagine a situation where you have two night goblin units : a "sreening unit" (with no fanatics) and a "carrier unit" (with several fanatics), in this disposition :

- - - - - - sreening unit - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - -

the two units are four feet apart
- - - - - - - - - -
- - carrier - - -
- - unit - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -

The screening unit gets charged by an ennemy unit, which must stop something like one feet in front of the screening unit, since it comes within 8 feet of the carrier unit. The fanatics are released towards the charging unit, going through the screening unit, and inflincting hits. What would happen if the screening unit panics and flees (or is completly destroyed ?). The ennemy charging unit's charge should now fail, since its original target is no longer within charge range, and the carrier unit is outside their charge range (or alive). But...

- if they fail their charge, they only move their normal movement allowance, which might not get them within 8 feet of the carrier unit. Which means that they shouldn't have triggered the fanatics in the first place, which leads to an endless loop.

How would you solve this ?

Thank you for taking the time of reading this.

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
1. Only the original target can use MR if it has it. Further units affected by the warpath can't use their MR.

2. If the goblin unit flees from the charge and is not caught, the charge is failed. Therefore the chargers only move half distance and never come into the 8" (inches, not feet :p ) range of the fanatics.

·
LO Zealot
1,568 Posts
I think the question is, if the "screening unit" holds, but in the subsequent move chargers section, the charging unit triggers fanatics from the second NG unit behind them. The fanatics are thrown through the screening unit at the charges, and cause enough for the screeners to panic (or kill them outright).

What would happen to the chargers now? It's a failed charge, since the screener unit that they declared against is dead/gone... If there was another unit along their path that they could reach, I imagine they could "enemy in the way". Otherwise, they move half their move distance (backing up a bit if necessary). Or at least that's how I imagine it would be played. The only point of contention would be if they had to back up due to a failed charge and there was a fanatic there that had gone through them. I don't think they should take another extra 2d6 hits from stopping on one. At least not when they got hit by it initially. At that point, I'd probably move the fanatic backwards with the unit (since it already passed through them).

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
- edit- what Moob said xD
except i would not move back the chargers even if they have moved farther than the failed charge distance. the fanatics are after all not released before they hit that certain point and not before it. Instead finish the move or leave them where they stopped for the fans

·
4,361 Posts
Question 1 has been answered, so I will go on the question 2. First off, there is absolutely no chance that the "screening unit" would panic. Panic checks for casualties don't happen until the end of the phase, therefore if any were left after the fanatic hit them, they would be in combat and no subject to panic. Now if the unit is wiped out by the fanatic, there is an issue. My instinct would tell me that they would complete there charge. The target has been totally wiped out, and they are still the aggressor, so I would move them there full distance. Others are free to argue this point.

SirKently

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
humm panictests are not taken at the end of a phase, instead they are taken immediatly when the casualties are taken

·
4,361 Posts
humm panictests are not taken at the end of a phase, instead they are taken immediatly when the casualties are taken
Guess I should have read the whole section, not just the first paragraph. Way to tired last night. Ok, I will think about it later.

SirKently

·
Registered
442 Posts
I would do a failed charge with the fanatics being triggered, or compromise by putting them at the minimum distance of 8''. It would be ridiculous to consider that the fanatics, which killed/panicked the screening unit who were the intended target are no longer triggered due to a failed charge and the 8'' threat zone not being entered. As stated about the endless loop.....
the fanatic would never have killed/paniced the screen, thus the charge now can be completed.............................8888888888
I know that this is not being argued for, and I doubt that there is any clear cut rule for this, so leave the charger either at the initial point of contact(before alignments?) where the screen once was or 8'', whichever is first. Things are considered to be occurring somewhat simultaneously, are they not?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts