Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some minor questions though.

Do the singing spears go by units S value when thrown against infantry? And are they always S9 even when thrown at vehicles not just when assaulting them? The weapon profile throws me off with the AP6 and SX.

Am I able to Fortune the Wave Serpent for the 4+ cover save when I move flat-out? The description doesn't say that Fortune is limited to infantry.

Can units carrying Heavy Weapons shoot after disembarking a vehicle that has moved? Not seeing that in the ruke book....anywhere.

Are Warp Spiders able to move in opponents assault phases with the warp generators, or just theirs? The errata says that they can in any assault phases in which they are not in an assault.

·
Registered
110 Posts

Do the singing spears go by units S value when thrown against infantry? And are they always S9 even when thrown at vehicles not just when assaulting them? The weapon profile throws me off with the AP6 and SX.

Am I able to Fortune the Wave Serpent for the 4+ cover save when I move flat-out? The description doesn't say that Fortune is limited to infantry.

Can units carrying Heavy Weapons shoot after disembarking a vehicle that has moved? Not seeing that in the ruke book....anywhere.

Are Warp Spiders able to move in opponents assault phases with the warp generators, or just theirs? The errata says that they can in any assault phases in which they are not in an assault.
1. Singing spears always wound non-vehicles on a 2+

2. Yes.

3. No, disembarkation counts as a movement action.

4. That wouldn't seem to make sense, I've never done it, but can't confirm it for sure.

·
Registered
163 Posts

Arkanor is correct with the first three, and as for the warp spiders jumping in the enemy assault phase, they cannot. It is generally assumed that unless the description specifically says it can be preformed during the enemies turn, then it cannot. Also, if you pay attention to the word in the question for that FAQ,

Does this mean they can make their extra move during the assault phase, only if they are in the position to assault anyway?

The response was answering for a jump during your own phase. Rather confusing I know, just know you can't.

·
Thinks he's a big deal
1,233 Posts
Arkanor is correct with the first three, and as for the warp spiders jumping in the enemy assault phase, they cannot. It is generally assumed that unless the description specifically says it can be preformed during the enemies turn, then it cannot. Also, if you pay attention to the word in the question for that FAQ,

Does this mean they can make their extra move during the assault phase, only if they are in the position to assault anyway?

The response was answering for a jump during your own phase. Rather confusing I know, just know you can't.
Yeah. It would be a common tactic if they could. After all, that would make them at least as mobile as tanks going flat out, which would be absolutely nuts.

·
Registered
101 Posts
To clarify even further on the warp spider question. It states this in the codex when describing the movement option.

"If unengaged, the unit may make a second jump during the assault phase instead of assaulting"

Unless you can assault in your opponents assault phase then you are restricted to using the extra jump only during your own assault phase.

O.T.

·
Registered
131 Posts
A note on the "Firing heavy weapons after disembarking" question... I do believe that you CANNOT fire heavy weapons after disembarking, so you all are correct...BUT, aren't Eldar heavy weapon platforms counted as Assault weapons? So in that case, most of the time (if not all the time) we COULD disembark, then shoot heavy weapons? lol

If I'm wrong, please correct me :)

Cheers,
Scott

·
Thinks he's a big deal
1,233 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
WooT! I thought they could move and shoot...I love my Eldar lol

Cheers,
Scott

·
Registered
362 Posts
only the gaurdian HWP platform is relentless, the standard support batteries are heavy. war walkers are relentless as well but can not embark

·
Registered
579 Posts
war walkers are relentless as well but can not embark
but skimmers are relentless I thought
No vehicle has the "Relentless" USR, however their own special rules allow them to fire heavy weapons and rapid-fire weapons regardless of moving. As for the Support Weapons, they aren't technically vehicles but an artillery unit, and follow the rules for artillery on pg. 55. Among other things, this means they can't move and shoot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.