Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friends going to get into W40k (chaos marines) soon, and I was just wondering: what should I use to beat him? I have two tatical squads one from battle for macragge and one boxed set (unfortunately I got this before I was able to get the codex so I used all the special weapons meaning I can't use two of the guys with special weapons). I also have A commander which I gave a power fist, storm-bolter, and artificer armor. And I noticed that you can give terminator honors to any standard SM, and I noticed that you can give models with terminator honors artificer armor. So does that mean that at the cost of 35pts per model I could give all my standard SMs artificer armor and therefore 2+ saves?:w00t:

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
uhh, im not sure, but either way, dont. Dont give sgts 2+ saves, honestly, dont even give HQs 2 plus saves, normally its not even worth it.

I suggest you out shoot the chaos player. Dev squads with 4 MLs 4 Bolters work the best. 3 of those squads will have him begging for mecry, add in a couple lascannons and plasma guns/cannons, and your set. Dont forget an assault squad with chaplain, you need at least one counter charge unit. Peace

·
LO Oldie
1,248 Posts
no, you cant have artificer armoured basic troops because they do not have access to the armoury. Yes, the vet sgt can but NEVEr do it.

No offense, but you armed your commander completely wrong! A power fist wastes their high initiative, and replace the storm bolter with a pistol so he can get an extra attack.

A good, fairly cheap commander set up is the following...

Master: Power weapon, bolt pistol, frag grenades, combat shields, artificer armour, terminator honours = 137pts

As for the tac squads, when you get more infantry use those special weapons

When your fighting chaos, you'll have to rely on shooting. he'll rip u up in cc

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I figure if the the Master can take 3 wounds he'll do a good deal of damage before he croaks. Also it never states thatyou can't give terminator honors to a standard troop, and it also says that a model with terminator honors has access to the SM armory:yes:.

·
Registered
461 Posts
BigButt4 said:
Well I figure if the the Master can take 3 wounds he'll do a good deal of damage before he croaks. Also it never states thatyou can't give terminator honors to a standard troop, and it also says that a model with terminator honors has access to the SM armory:yes:.
That logic is simply terrible.:((
"I want to give all my marines power wepons, it doesnt say directly that i can't do it"
"I want to put a plasma cannons on my predator, it doesnt say i cant do it"

I order you drop that logic now and adopt this one. If it doesnt say you can do it directly, you cant.

You can't give marines terminator honours, only veteran sergeants/hq's, and dont even bother giving them the armour, it to expensive and useless.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
squeaks said:
That logic is simply terrible.:((
"I want to give all my marines power wepons, it doesnt say directly that i can't do it"
"I want to put a plasma cannons on my predator, it doesnt say i cant do it"

I order you drop that logic now and adopt this one. If it doesnt say you can do it directly, you cant.

You can't give marines terminator honours, only veteran sergeants/hq's, and dont even bother giving them the armour, it to expensive and useless.
I wasn't going to actually. I was just curious if it was possible:(. Geez it was just a question. By the way is ther some trick to painting banners?

·
Registered
461 Posts
If you wern't going to why did you post about it :w00t:

Alright I forgive you, and i suggest a power weapon, or lightning claws for your commander, because of his high initiative.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
squeaks said:
If you wern't going to why did you post about it :w00t:

Alright I forgive you, and i suggest a power weapon, or lightning claws for your commander, because of his high initiative.
5 is considered high initiative? well I already put him together and primed him... should I try ripping of his arm and the shoulder pad on it then take the new arm prime it, and stick it on him?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts