Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im gonna soon have a game agaist dwarfs and i need some help. The game will be 1000+1000pt vs. 2000pt: My Tomb kings and my friends Lizardmen are allied against dwarfs. We have decided that Lizardman and Dwarf players can both take lords and i will go with normal 1000 points list.

We know the Dwarf will take at the least:
-The dwarf highking Thorgrim Grudgebearer
-Much warmachines
and(maybe) shooters
Thats the all we know.

So here is some questions:
1. What should we take? We are trying to amalgamate strenghts of Lizarmen and Tomb Kings

2. How to kill the high king? I was thinkin that my units could make him flee with fear+outnumber and then to pursue him down. I know he has the has the Master rune of kingship(immune to fear and terror+stubborn) but i could take the Amulet of pha-stah.

3. Have you got any tactic tips?

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Facing a gunline..? Fun...

Right. Get your LM friend to take a Slann, and pimp him (ward save etc) so cannons will find it hard to kill him. Then just spam magic. Full up on skinks or something...

As for the TKs, i like to use a little ''points denial'' vs gunlines ;) Hide unnecessary unit in or behind terrain. Liche Priest, Prince, necessary core, etc. Pop an SSC out in the open, in range of your Priest(s) incantations, and shoot with it ASAP, resurrecting if necessary.

Then simply take 3 Scorps, maybe a swarm too, and pop them up in the enemy lines. Enjoy! ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Facing a gunline..? Fun...
Well, yes... It is a gunline. But not only shooters, I think he will use more than half of his points to Thorgrim and close combat blocks. The rest will be shooters, I think.
Right. Get your LM friend to take a Slann, and pimp him (ward save etc) so cannons will find it hard to kill him. Then just spam magic. Full up on skinks or something...
My friend will be taking a pimped slann(400-600p)skink priest with ancient stegadon and engine of the gods(300-500p) and 2 skink cohorts(100p) So full magic.:sinister:
Then simply take 3 Scorps, maybe a swarm too, and pop them up in the enemy lines.
I have only one scorp...:disapointed:
Um, yeah... I don't think there's anything in the army thats gonna be able to kill Thorgrim.
Really? Not even with that tactic I told earlier? Maybe I should just keep away from him and take collar of shapes instead of amulet of pha-stah?

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Youre probably best leaving the Slann to deal with the King tbh. Iirc, he is extremely hard for TKs to deal with :(

·
Registered
146 Posts
ok hodl on i play dwarfs as my other army how the heck is he gettign throgrim in a 2k game? hes 708 pts!!! that will leave alot less troops than what shoudl be in a 2k game...

you can beat him he is not invicible you just need to break him he only has 4 att then his guards YOU WILL OUTNUMBER even if they wont autobreak you will wear him down he can only kill so many skelles with you summoning them back before he falls

1 - 6 of 6 Posts