Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having read the rather stern warnings posted in this forum, I'm sure I'm setting myself up to be the fool here. I have played 40k but am now delving into Fantasy and am having a hard time understanding the mechanics of forests in this game. Specifically - how does it work when you want to fight a unit in a forest. If it is within 2 inches of the edge of the forest, I can charge it as normal with the last 2 inches of my charge counting as 4 inches - that much I assume I am correct in thinking.

If it is more than 2 inches in, and thus completely hidden in the forest, how do I root (sorry for the bad joke) them out? I know the unit cannot 'see' them, nor can they 'see' me, so can I just move my models in the woods as normal (again counting the movement in woods as double) and 'bump' into them? Or do I move within 2 inches of them in the woods, let them see me and just let them charge me? It says in the BRB that the only way to initiate hand-to-hand is to charge, and therefore stumbling across them in the woods and moving into base to base contact seems against the rules. I am terribly confused by all this as it is (obviously) quite unlike 40k haha!

·
4,361 Posts
You just have to move into the woods where they can see you. You must stop at least 1 inch away from the unit in the woods. Then they either charge you or move away. Everything else you said is correct.

SirKently

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
Essentially you just have to walk into the woods until you come within 2" and can see each other. The mechanic is the same in 40K, it's just that 6" is a lot more than 2! (and you can move into sight then charge in the same turn in 40K... a feat requiring specific magic in fantasy.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts