Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the best list i can come up with for a rogue trader army, suggestions wanted. The power weapon on the GK GM is for his extra attack in close combat, and yes, he can get one.

1854 pts
Headquarters

Grey Knight Grand Master- 145
Wargear:
Sacred incense- 10
Power weapon- 15
w/ Retinue
6 Grey knight Terminators 1 w/psycannon

Elites
Terminators (6)
1 armed with incinerator
1 upg to brother captain

Troops-

10 Storm Troopers
2 with Meltaguns
120 pts

9 Storm Troopers
2 with plasma guns
110 pts

9 Storm Troopers
2 with Plasma guns

10 Storm Troopers in Chimera with Multi Laser and Heavy bolter
1 with Plasma Gun
1 with melta gun
205 pts

Fast Attack-
9 Grey knights- 260
1 upgraded to Justicar
1 with incinerator

9 Grey knights- 275
1 upgraded to Justicar
1 with Psycannon

·
Registered
152 Posts
It's a little short ranged, most of your army can shoot only if they are within 24 inches. And all of your anti-tank is within 12 but they are only really effective if they are within 6 inches

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Give me a suggestion to counter this problem then.

·
Registered
114 Posts
ahaha your pitiful imperium shall fall. the overwhelming evil of the chaos shall be sent back to hell. the young races of necron and tau will be destroyed, for they may be old, but they are not ancient like us, the orks shall become one with the ground from which they came, the tyranid hive shall be eradicated as quickly as theyre spawned, and then, and only then will the pirate disgraces to the eldar shall be killed as mercilessly as they torture. we will control the universe once again. we will overcome. we will survive!

The stars themselves once lived and died at our command, and yet you still dare to oppose our will? - Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwe

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh please, the eldar are a dying race, just jump on the imperial band waggon now while you still have the chance.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
can really use some good suggestions here peeps. Ones not involving IG would be nice

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also, keep in mind that i will be cracking open SMs and taking on Orks with this list.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Looks like a nice list to me. If you are deepstriking the grand master and his retinue. Then there might not be enough space for them to deepstrike.
Why does the Grand master have a power weapon when he gets a nemesis force weapon for free?
I though one terminator had to be a brother captain and it was not an upgrade but maybe that is what you mean.
Take a grey knight off each squad and you will have enough points for a rhino for a squad of stormtroopers.
Or ou could get a rhino and an inquisitor with his ret inue and make the list 2000pts

NOBODY CAN ESCAPE THE SCRUTINY OF THE INQUISITION.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol dont worry about the space, ive already checked on that many times, i can stack up to 10 on there due to the deep strike clarification. I dont want to attempt to do that though. the ordinance template is large enough to fit 7 termies on there, as long as i am not using a teleport homer. I like 7 anyway, its the ideal number for all space marines squads, think about it, 1 hvy weapon, 1 special weapon, 1 sgt 4 body shields, ive spoken to many games workshop employees and they all agree.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the reason why the Gm has a power weapon is so he can have an extra attack in close combat, also i am considering giving him holocost, or the scourging. The reason why i dont have transports for all my squads is for the fact that i can use the extra 100 points for so much more than just 2 tin cans on wheels. I am trying to prepare for every possible situation, but its hard with an army such as the demonhunters. I might consider getting an extra rhino. Also i mean that the elite terminatior squad has 5 regular termies and 1 brother captain, thanx for the unput there.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i like daemon hosts cause that means the inquisitor using them is turning to chaos and more chaos equals more depraved homocidal maniacs in the universe which can only be a good thing

·
Registered
574 Posts
Nobody uses daemonhosts because the advantages of being puritan far outweigh radical.
Radical cant have
any grey knights including vehicles and dreads.
When i said not enough space deepstriking i was not refering to the size of the the template i was talking about enemy models in the way.
Holocaust will be useful when deepstriking. If surrounded by a big horde consecrated scrolls will also be very good.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i would love to give him that, but only inquistors can get those.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
true, but ill just give that to one of my terminators in squad 2 instead, I like to optimize him for what i brought him for, close combat. The use of a flamer in personal opinion is wayyyyyyyyyyyy to random, ill have to be sure i use it at exactly the right time or its useless, i am lucky to use it more than twice in the game. Unless experience has proven to you otherwise, tell me about how it has served you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.