Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Yup, I like the style, but the colors are a bit bright and happy. Tone them down a little, and I think it would kick buttocks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
As most people have said, the bright blue has no depth.

Put in some blue ink, or watered down blues in there.

Also, I don't perosnally like the bright blue next to the black. Doesn't really fit in with the Tyranid image.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im sorry but you guys must be blind. what black?

the base colour is lightning blue with a a regel blue wash then a lightning blue dry brush.

and i like my nids bright and cartoonish, i think it fits there image fine.

i wish i could actually get some good lighting to take a pic but oh well.

XG

·
Registered
229 Posts
If you are happy with the recesses and the base color, you may try highlighting the edges with a bit of white.

Also, i think your color scheme might be better if you carry it over to the weapon. Maybe black with red highlights?

Looks good to me though. I like the "cartoony" effect of it! Do you have the Hive Tyrant painted in this scheme yet?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i have a tyrant guard painted but thats about as close tp the tyrant i have come. i have so many gaunts i need to paint firts.

XG

·
Registered
229 Posts
Originally posted by X-Griffin@Nov 1 2003, 09:52
i have a tyrant guard painted but thats about as close tp the tyrant i have come. i have so many gaunts i need to paint firts.

XG
LOL, I'm in the same boat, I got about 60 gaunts to paint and I'm on #2. I think I'll get Daemonhunters next!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great paint fob though it needs to be darker.

That blue really doesn't go well with the black

Still good job & well done!!! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.