Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kinda of things do you add to your minis, spacial finishing, signiature touches to make them stand out so people can tell its yours?

I don't really do anything big just, I like to try and make my bases really good, and add a hint of creativity. I also prefer to have the ring, rim bit of the base painted black. I think it makes the mini look a lot neater, and great for display.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I like to try and make my bases really good
Actually, that is something that is easy to do and really adds a nice touch to your mini. By just adding some flock (with watered down PVA glue) you add a simple touch of realism to your minis. I hope everyone at least makes this simple attempt with their painted minis. Adding to the bases of models adds so much to the overall quality of the figure.

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hishamEQ: Aye, I know what you mean, I add to all my bases, at least just a basic flocking, but I try to add in little things to some of them.
I.E I have one mini, whos base has a small pile of rocks, with a few shell casings about. Unfortunanty they look a tad bit bigger than bolter shells, but its shill adds to my mini, and people know its mine because of it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Can normally tell my models from the flocking. I use balast from model railways instead of GW flocking. Also every model gets a name & HQs get their wargear list painted on the bottom of the base next to my sig.
Settles arguments about what someone is armed with when I just pick up the model and show whats under the base. :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Originally posted by JaHosh@Sep 25 2003, 13:13
Settles arguments about what someone is armed with when I just pick up the model and show whats under the base. :)
Until you are millimetres inside charge range and they claim you moved itat the time...:(

I don't really have anything that I do. Then again, I haven't painted for ages, and probably won't again until I get the VOID box, which could still be quite a while.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I can tell the difference easily... mine are exquisitely painted while others look like fly barf...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.