Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What's the rule in this instance?

Do your rhino fire points have to display the type of weapons that are being fired from them?

For example: I field two rhino's; one with a squad with 2 plasma guns and one with a squad with 2 melta-guns. Does each firepoint require that I model these weapons?

That seems a bit ridiculous in my view, but then again, there are a bunch of stupid, redundant rules that don't make much sense in this game; so I thought I had better get some clarification before I 'assumed' I didn't need to have the proper weapons displayed from my fire points.

Any help clarifying this is much appreciated.

Edit> I think I understand why most tournament games feature missions without infiltrate rules being used. How else can GW make you buy rhino's when the damn things are so weak and unreliable? Just a thought.

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
I've never heard of anyone modeling that "requirement" before. In fact, I don't think that it's a requirement at all. I honestly think it would be a bit silly to model something like that, especially since you may decide to change what the squad uses one day, and then you have to remodel the Rhino because of it.

·
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
H0urg1ass said:
I honestly think it would be a bit silly to model something like that, especially since you may decide to change what the squad uses one day, and then you have to remodel the Rhino because of it.
I think it would be silly also, but I have so many different builds for my Chaos Lord and Daemon Prince's; that I would love to use; that I would have to have a couple of dozen different models all converted to wysiwyg just to bring them to tournaments!

I'm in TN and traveling to GA for the tournament, and the last thing I want to have happen is to find out I can't field something because of stupid litle anal rules that I wasn't aware of.

Plus I have heard of people using magnets for individual weapons for their dreads and defilers to change loadouts and I wasn't sure if that was also the case with rhino firepoints, that would; after all; force people to buy more assault weapon sprues and generate more revenue for GW.

·
No Rest For the Righteous
1,140 Posts
When shooting from firing points, it's the models being transported that fire out of the firing points, so the wysiwyg gets fulfilled by the models that are assumed to be inside. Of course if you want you can open the hatch and show the guy with the melta gun poking his head out and firing at the enemy(I have), but its definitely not a requirement.

·
Registered
953 Posts
As Ebon Hand clearly stated, the troops inside are doing the firing. Only permanently-mounted weapons on the vehicle must be modelled. So the Chimera's lasguns are modelled since they are a permanent addition. On a Rhino you must model the storm bolter (it's main weapon) and any other weapon you purchase as wargear. Troops inside simply pop the top and shoot. Personally, I wouldn't want to be inside a Rhino when someone decided to fire a missile launcher from inside!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts