Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one ever try to use a Inq + Reutine as a take and hold / long rang fire support? What I'm gonna do is have
1 Inq w/P.A. and power weapon
2 Gun Servitor w/ Heavy bolters
1 Gun Servitor w/ Plasma Cannon
all stuck in a Chimera with Muli-Lazer and Hull mounted Heavy bolter to get them to there fireing location and add to the fire support.
the plan is to use them like a cheap-o mobile Devistator squad.

I went out early to day and got the models I'll just have to finish painting them and get them out there. ^_^ Any of you guys ever try this line up?

Andy

·
durus
2,578 Posts
It is a very good line up. I wouldn't mount them in a Chimera though, just set them up in as good a cover as you can find. I would also add 2 Sages and a Mystic.

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
A fairly standard unit is a Inq (psycannon, auspex), 2x heavy bolter servitors, 1x plasma cannon servitor, 2x sages, and 1x mystic.

The power armor and power weapon are complete wastes on the Inq - he comes with carapace for free, and if this unit sees combat it's going to be dead in a turn anyways.

As Diggums said, a transport is a bad idea too - you can't shoot heavy weapons when moving, and even if it's stable you cannot shoot all of the guns.

Add 2x sages for the reroll, and ALWAYS save the reroll for the plasma cannon, as it can prevent overheat. Add 1x mystic for the ability to have the entire unit shoot for free at incoming deepstriking/summoned units.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Well, I'm in favor of giving the Inquisitor some extra protection, at least because in the last game I played a Tau railgun submunition destroyed the entire squad, where at least having that extra (65+ point) model with a (BS5) psycannon would have been really useful.

·
The Biker Marine
1,618 Posts
As I have no access to Codex now (work) and do not remember it: what is the price of a =][= Lord with Psycannon and Termie armor? THANKS AGAIN!!!

·
Ender of Threads
1,306 Posts
SmokWawelski said:
As I have no access to Codex now (work) and do not remember it: what is the price of a =][= Lord with Psycannon and Termie armor? THANKS AGAIN!!!
The whole unit comes out to at least 113 points (remembering you must take a retinue). Taking an actual combat worthy retinue and a few essential bits of wargear for the Inquisitor would probably run you 170 - 200 points.

·
The Biker Marine
1,618 Posts
A bit pricey, especially if I will include three servitors, two sages and, based on the leftover points, acolytes with power armor... Worth the points or would you rather get the standard 3+ save?

·
1,256 Posts
I wouldn't worry about taking power armor on the alcolytes...it is just a waste of points because your 4+ saves get ignored first, and once the 4+ save guys are gone the unit is worthless. When I play my shooty inquisitor I play him big...I max out his retinue so that I can lose 3 wounds (2 mystics + 1 familar) before I start to lose firepower. After that I have three more alcolytes with bolters that can go, and the last mystic because most deepstriking units are already in play, so after losing 7 wounds I sill have 2 heavy bolters, a plasma cannon, and a psycannon. Now my majority save is 4+ and I might start losing guys that count, but in the two turns that it takes to bring this unit down if it is in proper cover they have either made their points back or draw enough fire to let my GreyKnights survive to unload stormbolter furry and assault with lots of NFW attacks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts