Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Troops
Fire warrors
All same stats except +1 bs 12pts apiece and option to take sniper doctrine.
and 20 are allowed per squa
0-1 squad kroot

Fast attack

"Scorchers"
Same stats as fire warriors except all have pulse carbines
Options: any number may switch their pulse carbines to fsion rifle at no extra point cost

Fusionrifle: Range:12" str:4 ap:2 asualt 1

Just two ideas to start off with :p :D :lol: B) :rolleyes: :) :blink: :0 :a :ph34r: :w <:)

·
Registered
353 Posts
cool. I'm curious though, do the FWs cost 12 pts before you add the sniper doctrine, or after?

If they cost 12 pts for the +1 BS, then what does the sniper doctrine cost?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Special rules(for hole army except drones and battlesuits)
Veteran Ballistics- May alway rerole 1s rolled for shooting, also they never cout as moving for the porpose of rapid fire and pitol weapons

Some Hq ideas

Great Fire Warrior
ws bs s t w i a ld sv
4 5 4 4 4 3 3 10 3+

Pts:75(suggestons?)
Wargear: Modified Pulse Pistol(Str), Crab tactical armor(3+ save)
May Take additional item from the wargearlist

Special rule
Independant Chracter- you guys know those rules

Point blank Shot- in close combat my use hie bs and str of weapn when fighting in close combat, and only attacks equal to shot number.

GunDrills- If joine in a uint he may allow ,once per turn that to reroll all "to hit" dice.

Benifits to the Veteran ballistics

·
Registered
849 Posts
Sounds pretty cool......As for the Great Fire Warrior cost.....Maybe make it a nice and cheaper 55 points? I mean, 75 is kind of expensive for something that can still die very easily.... Oh and by the way, w t f are the Pulse Pistol rules and how is it modified?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Vampiric_Drake8@Oct 22 2003, 21:35
Sounds pretty cool......As for the Great Fire Warrior cost.....Maybe make it a nice and cheaper 55 points? I mean, 75 is kind of expensive for something that can still die very easily.... Oh and by the way, w t f are the Pulse Pistol rules and how is it modified?
Sorry about that... the Modified(str) pulse pistol is range 24" str 6 ap 5 pistol. As for the Modify any unit may buy one "modify" for thier weapon and it adds +1 to strength, ap or # of shots and its +10pts for a character, and + 25 for whole squads.

·
Registered
353 Posts
that might be too cheap.

Being able to give an entire squad of 12 firewarriors a str 6/ap 4/rapid fire 2 weapon for only 25 pts sounds like a bargain.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Exploited,

I must say I like your firewarrior leader. Nicely balanced, well priced at 75 pts, and the point blank shot is well thought out.

As for the BS increase rule, I would like to remind you that GW originally fielded Tau in their playtesting with a BS of 4 and found them to be disasterously devestating. The game ceased to be fun for anyone playing against Tau. Another problem GW corrected with the Tau was the crisis suits were originally 10/10/10 vehicles. Making infantry useless against them, so those people who were suit happy with crisis, HQ, and HS, would easily mow down any army without hefty amounts of heavier weapons.

It is wonderful that you are proposing these ideas, however GW has already placed them into effect and found them to be... too powerful.

Now of course if the cocky space marine player thinks he can take you with these experimental rules... I wish you good hunting!

-Vycan

·
Registered
34 Posts
P.S. When refering to the rules as "early on" I am refering to the play testing of the Tau army about 8 months before its release.

Sorry if I made that unclear.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Lol, aren't ALL Tau armies more or less Firewarrior septs, seeing as all models (except maybe an ethereal) are all part of the fire sept? :D

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by carrotman@Oct 25 2003, 05:09
A tau army with bs 4 would be ridiculously powerful, either up fire warriors cost to 15 pts or keep them the same
I was gonn up the point cost for the fire warriors to 15, and papa baer the modify rule affect only one of the option not all three, you choose str or ap or # of shots. Also maybe lower the number of firewarriors in the squads.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Originally posted by carrotman@Oct 25 2003, 05:09
A tau army with bs 4 would be ridiculously powerful, either up fire warriors cost to 15 pts or keep them the same
Surely you're joking.

Do you think a BS 4 firewarrior with +1 str to his weapon and +6" to his rapid fire is worth the same as a SM with... I'm not even gonna list all of their advantages.

@vycan: Regardless of whatever GW tested, it doesn't mean that things can't be made differently. It's all just an issue of functionality versus points cost. And frankly, I don't believe that GW spent *that* much time testing the Tau anyway, or they'd be a little bit more complete.

·
Registered
849 Posts

(carrotman @ Oct 25 2003, 05:09)
Surely you're joking.
Do you think a BS 4 firewarrior with +1 str to his weapon and +6" to his rapid fire is worth the same as a SM with... I'm not even gonna list all of their advantages.
@vycan: Regardless of whatever GW tested, it doesn't mean that things can't be made differently. It's all just an issue of functionality versus points cost. And frankly, I don't believe that GW spent *that* much time testing the Tau anyway, or they'd be a little bit more complete.
Good point. Just because its been tested, doesn't mean it will work out for everyoe......

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello all,

Papabear, I believe I have made myself unclear, or there was a miscommunication somewhere. The reference to the GW testing was to point out BS 4 for Tau during the development process made them unstoppable. That was all. Therefore in the interests of balance of play in my oppinion(yes, I have not conducted testing of BS 4), and based upon the information from GW testing, an increase to a BS of 4 would be unbalancing.

As for encouraging modifications and changes to ideas, I am totally thrilled with the idea. However, knowing the mistakes of past ideas allows for easier headway with new ideas. So, I wanted to warn you of the pitfalls experienced with that particular idea.

-Vycan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.