Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am kinda new to tau and I was wondering if it would be good to have a squad of all carbines in front of a squad with pulse rifles or would it be better to mix them up. Thanks.

·
Registered
815 Posts
You can't have all Carbines. And I personaly wouldn't take any in 4th edition.

·
Registered
293 Posts
supposedly, you can have whole squads of carbines in the new codex. we'll have to wait & see. in theory, it would be a good idea, but yeah it's illegal (for now).

·
The deep down truth
5,707 Posts
squall14 said:
supposedly, you can have whole squads of carbines in the new codex. we'll have to wait & see. in theory, it would be a good idea, but yeah it's illegal (for now).
The all carbine fast deployment FW squad in a DF will be deadly when the new codex comes out, with a squad of Pathfinders stacking up th ML hits to up the BS to BS4 or 5 and the rest lowering the LDS of the targeted unit, the scope for causing casualties and pinning the survivors will be awesome.
It should be possible to wipe out a unit of Marine Devs for instance in two turns or to at least preventing them from firing, I cant wait to see the tactical possibilities this is gonna throw up.
This tactic will also make Drone squads a valuable choice as well Twin linked BS5 shots will chew up units and pin them nicely.

·
Registered
148 Posts
So you say, Onlainari, but I think Riki's got a point. A full unit of carbine-toting FW in a 'Fish is good as it stands, and they can be awesome if the new markerlight rules prove true. I don't think any single unit will ever become the IWIN for the Tau, but that doesn't mean there aren't some mean new combinations looming on our particular horizon.

·
With Oden On Our Side...
1,138 Posts
Straylight said:
So you say, Onlainari, but I think Riki's got a point. A full unit of carbine-toting FW in a 'Fish is good as it stands, and they can be awesome if the new markerlight rules prove true. I don't think any single unit will ever become the IWIN for the Tau, but that doesn't mean there aren't some mean new combinations looming on our particular horizon.
I'm in concurance here. This may end up as one of those common combo-units, not unlike a Chaplian and Assault Squad or Necron Lord w/ Veil and Immortals :yes: I may actually take Pathfinders:|

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.