Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ahhhhh....
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*Edited* Oh gosh.. I thought I posted this in the army list section :X Can a mod please send this to the correct place. I apologize for the trouble.

I've been playing small games of 1,000pts for a couple weeks now, I think I am confident enough to bolster my force to 2,000pts at anytime. I am planning on getting all the models needed for 2k game in one go, please give any suggestions or comments in anywhere that needs to be changed. :happy:

Lord/Hero
1 Chaos Lord
Mark of Slaanesh; General; Chaos Armour; Shield; Chaos Steed
Gaze of the Gods
Sword of Might

1 Chaos Sorcerer
Mark of Slaanesh; Magic Level 2; Lore of Slaanesh; Chaos Armour

1 Chaos Sorcerer
Mark of Slaanesh; Magic Level 2; Lore of Slaanesh; Chaos Armour

Core
9 Chosen Chaos Knights of Slaanesh
Mark of Slaanesh; Barding; Chosen Unit; Shield; Standard; Musician
Rapturous Standard

18 Chaos Warriors of Slaanesh
Mark of Slaanesh; Heavy Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician

1 Chaos Chariot of Slaanesh
Mark of Slaanesh

1 Chaos Chariot of Slaanesh
Mark of Slaanesh

Special
6 Mounted Daemonettes

Rare
2 Fiend of Slaanesh

Casting Pool: 6
Dispel Pool: 4

Models in Army: 42
Total Army Cost: 1995

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
I think your Core units are too big. Drop the Knights to 5 strong, and the Warriors to 11 (-Standard for them, one Sorc here)

The look at adding a second unit of 11 Warriors. OR posssibly drop the 1st unit to 10, put the second Sorc there too, and get a second Knight unit, 6 strong with Warbanner if possible.

·
Ahhhhh....
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
6 Knights per unit? Are they even worth the point cost to upgrade them into Chosen? Regular Knights only get 1 attack per, and that's not much for the point cost that we pay for them.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Well unless you are looking at running those 9 Knights in one flat line of a Rank, then the points, attack wise, are wasted anyway. They are far too an expensive unit to be bulking out and faffing for rank bonuses. They need all the kills they can get, and Chosen Knights rule pretty much everything.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I too would suggest two units of knights:
one normal unit of 5 plus the character and one chosen unit of 6.

I also agree that 18 warriors are too much, maybe you could split them (but you must find the points!)

The main problem here is that this list has no consistency in term of numbers...could you get some marauders in?
And then magic: with 6 dice @ 2000 points i would expect no spell to be effective at all, you'd need at least one level 4 caster and one level 2 imo. But then again the points are lacking!
I don't know, maybe you could drop either the warriors (you prefer speed) or the chariots (you prefer a slow advance).

cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.