Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, this is my first Warhammer 40k list. It is a combination between a horde and speed freeks army list. I want a competitive list that will be fun to play and will give me something to work towards. Will this list work well? Thanks in advance for any comments and/or suggestions.

The list:

HQ

Warboss w/ Power Klaw, Kombi Shoota-Skorcha, Cybork Body, 'Eavy Armor, and Bosspole

Big Mek w/ Kustom Force Field

Elites

7 Nob Bikers w/ Cybork Bodies. 3 have powerklaws, 1 is a painboy, and 1 has a combi-skorcha. Squad includes a Waaagh! Banner and Bosspole

3 Mega Nobs w/ Kombi-Scorchas

5 Lootas

Troops

25 Shoota Boyz w/ Big Shoota, Rokkit Launcha, and Nob w/ PK and Bosspole

25 Shoota Boyz w/Big Shoota, Rokkit Launcha, and Nob w/ PK and Bosspole

10 Slugga Boyz in a Trukk, including a Nob w/ PK and Bosspole

(Both Trukks have a red paint job)

2 Grot Mobs (10 grots and 1 runtherder each)

Fast Attack

3 Deffkoptas w/ Twin-Linked Rokkits

Heavy Support

Battlewagon w/ 'Ard Case, Armor Plates, Big Shoota, Deff Rolla, and Killkannon.

Total = 2000 points

The 2 mobs of shoota boyz will move down the field, protected by the big mek's KFF, while the lootas sit back and provide cover fire. The nob bikers, trukk boyz, and battlewagon will attack one flank. The meganobs and warboss go in the battlewagon. Grots will pathetically attempt to hold objectives and deffkoptas will take out light vehicles and contest an objective.

Thanks for any comments.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Not bad for a first list. My comments in red:

HQ

Warboss w/ Power Klaw, Kombi Shoota-Skorcha, Cybork Body, 'Eavy Armor, and Bosspole
He doesn't need a Bosspole.

Big Mek w/ Kustom Force Field
Good.

Elites

7 Nob Bikers w/ Cybork Bodies. 3 have powerklaws, 1 is a painboy, and 1 has a combi-skorcha. Squad includes a Waaagh! Banner and Bosspole
I would drop one of the Grot units to make this a Troops choice.

3 Mega Nobs w/ Kombi-Scorchas
This unit doesn't make sense. Even though they're in the battlewagon and the Warboss is with them, they're too small to be effective once they unload. Remember that they'll attack last because of the Power Klaws.

5 Lootas
I would drop the Mega Nobz and boost this squad up to at least 10.

Troops

25 Shoota Boyz w/ Big Shoota, Rokkit Launcha, and Nob w/ PK and Bosspole

25 Shoota Boyz w/Big Shoota, Rokkit Launcha, and Nob w/ PK and Bosspole
Think about making 1 a Rokkit Squad and 1 a Big Shoota Squad. It's best to do that so you're not wasting shots. I would also boost these up to 30 if they're on foot.

(Both Trukks have a red paint job)
Boost the squads up to 12 and switch paint for rams. They're already fast fehicles, the extra inch isn't going to make much of a difference at all for them.

2 Grot Mobs (10 grots and 1 runtherder each)
Drop 1 mob, boost the other up to 14 or 16 grotz + runtherd. This way you can make your nob bikers a troops choice.

Fast Attack

3 Deffkoptas w/ Twin-Linked Rokkits
Fine. Rokkit Buggies are better though.

Heavy Support

Battlewagon w/ 'Ard Case, Armor Plates, Big Shoota, Deff Rolla, and Killkannon.
Too many upgrades. I would go with either the 'Ard Case & Killkannon or the Armor Plates & Deff Rolla. Ork vehicles die, that's always a given. The cheaper they are, the better they will serve you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the help. After taking your suggestions into account, the list comes out to be a solid 1,999 points. After changing my list, however, i was wondering if having 5 lootas and 5 burna boyz would work well, if the burna boyz were placed in the battlewagon? Since I will mostly be playing against tyranids, I wonder if they will be useful. Also, should I have the deffkoptas all in one unit or 3 separate units of 1 each?

·
510 Posts
first you need to drop the ard case on the wagon it hurts you more than it helps you.

kombie skorcas are best and you can put them on your biker nobz just go with 10 lootas haveing 5 is just to easy to kill.

if you dont have any other fast choises then i would do 3 units of 1 make you oponent spread out his fire more on turn 1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts