Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few years out of the hobby I'm finally getting round to it again, for ages I've wanted to do a Tanith army, full fluff of course!
My initial plan was to just use vet squads, but I feel like challenging myself.
I'm going to re read every book and jot down the names and platoons/squads of every character (after vervunhive) and hopefully when I'm done ill be able to name every character in the platoons and have an army consisting of every major character and even some lesser characters..
I will use armour (who can say no to a leman Russ or two :D) but these will all be 'conscripted' and painted according to the help the Ghosts get during the books.

It will probably take me a long time to do because works decided to stop giving me hours so funds are low currently, but if anyone has some hints and tips where it comes to modelling, equipment etc it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading my ramblings and I hope you understand what I am attempting
Strelok

·
Registered
130 Posts
you are probably better sticking to a specific novel, due to the high mortality rate. Unless you just do not care about that. I think just after Vervunhive offers the best mix of characters you still have all the core ghost plus the newcomers tona cridd, leigh cuu (sp?), Daur.

the Honor guard book could make an awesome army allied with sisters of battle to represent the saint, and you still have most of the core characters alive.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Wood elf glade guard capes are pretty nice for the camo cloaks. You can mass-produce them by using Oyumaru to create a push-mould and some greenstuff.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[MENTION=47117]thiazi[/MENTION]
I agree, during Honour Guard would give me a good excuse to include armour and light transports, probably making the army semi-competitive yet keeping in with fluff, plus who wants to field a Tanith army without Colm!

[MENTION=44081]Korona[/MENTION]
I've seen the wood Elf cloaks used before but to me they just don't look as flowy as I imagine, I was considering sculpting everyone's cloak with green stuff, but I might try my hand at resin sculpting a few standard trooper cloaks and then for special characters custom them?

I've also started on my named list, the main difficulty is the ordinary troopers but I will persist.
V- verghast
F- female
Misc- basic troopers

Gaunt - commissar - 1
Hark - commissar
Dorden - medic
Curth - medic v
Milo - mascot/trooper?
Beyltan - vox
Zweil - priest
Colonel Corbec - 2
Major rawne - 3
Captain Daur - 4
Varl
Kolea v
Soric v
Feygor

Scout;
Mkoll
Mcvenner
Jjajo v
Bonin
Caober
Leyr
Hwlan
Baen

Sniper;
Banda v
Larkin
Rilke
Nessa v
Raess

Special;
Bragg
Lubba -flame
Brostin -flame
Costin
Mkendrick
Dremmond
Neskon
Lyse vf

Misc;
Caffran
Cuu v
Criid v
Meryn
Mertt
Arcuda v
Domor
Adare
Raglon
Blane
Chiara vf
Lyse vf
Muril vf
Maggs
Gutes
Loell
Surch
Cole
Brown
Roskil
Derin
Vamberfeld v
Loglas
Lesp
Ifvan
Vivvo v
Lerod
Doyl
Cocoer
Cluggson

Any additions or changes are welcomed, this is just a rough list I drafted while reading btw :D

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Maybe take some of the IG snipers and make some push-moulds from those? If you hand sculpt all the cloaks you'll maybe go a bit insane from it.

·
Mr Commisar to you
2,885 Posts
Always love a bit of tanith. Your best bet would be to sculpt about 5-10 different cloaks and the make moulds. It would give enough variety after painting and would also save time and money. I've tried a few different cloak materials but greenstuff is the only way to make them look good IMO.

Good luck! And don't forget to make a project thread and link it here etc.

A

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[MENTION=16815]Commisarlestat[/MENTION]
Always a pleasure to get your input, I'd pretty much decided that, I would still probably have to sculpt hoods onto the cloaks for a few but moulding seems like the simplest way..

[MENTION=44081]Korona[/MENTION]
I'm not a huge fan of the way the IG snipers cloaks flow but ill keep that in consideration!

What's everyone's thoughts on the 'army members' list?
Any more to add?
And also, what are everyone's opinion for the army list, keep it platoons, or all vet squads so I actually get to make use of the camo cloaks?

All your input is great, thankyou
Strelok

1 - 7 of 7 Posts