Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site, new to IG so i'm building from the bottom as a complete change to my normal close combat Chaos army. Here goes...

HQ:

Primaris Psyker

Troops:

Veteran Squad - Flamer, Grenade Launcher, Chimera w Heavy stubber - 145pts

Infantry Platoon - 245 pts
PCS - 2x Sniper, Voxcaster, Medic
Infantry Squad - Plasma Pistol, Voxcaster, Plasma Gun, Autocannon
Infantry Squad - Voxcaster, Plasma Gun, Autocannon

Point total - 460

This leaves me with 40 points left to splash about. My general idea is to have the Vets and my Psyker cruise around as highly mobile unit for taking and holding objectives or alternativly use them to bait people into range of the Platoon gun line.

My inital thought is to upgrade the Vet squad with Carapace armour just to give that extra durability should they get tied down in close combat. Then with the tiny leftover points i feel there should be something useful in the endless list of Guard upgrades i should take. HKmissile on the chimera for the rare chance of armour in a small game?

Who knows, be as harsh as you want with it.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
At this point level, I would strongly suggest either all mech or all foot. Splitting your points leaves you two potentially easy targets to isolate and destroy. Carapace is not worth the points esp at 500 points. Medic is also not worth it's points at 500, buy another special weapon instead. I'd suggest dropping the stubber on the chimera.

·
1,648 Posts
Hello and welcome to the guard, glad to see new people around here. Some things for you here.

New to the site, new to IG so i'm building from the bottom as a complete change to my normal close combat Chaos army. Here goes...

HQ:

Primaris Psyker
Not the best choice in my opinion, but he is cheap and has some interesting abilities. I'd suggest a CCS to issue orders and get more BS4 weapons.

Veteran Squad - Flamer, Grenade Launcher, Chimera w Heavy stubber - 145pts
Never mix and match weapons and always try to max them out. Flamers aren't great on vets as you are wasting the BS4. It is a precious thing and should be used to the best of its ability.

I'm worried about only having one AV12 vehicle even at 500 points. It will probably die very quickly if you don't have another. Heavy stubber is junk, get rid of it.

Infantry Platoon - 245 pts
PCS - 2x Sniper, Voxcaster, Medic
Infantry Squad - Plasma Pistol, Voxcaster, Plasma Gun, Autocannon
Infantry Squad - Voxcaster, Plasma Gun, Autocannon
PCS: Snipers suck. Only BS3, Rending and pinning are unreliable and will most likely do nothing. Flamers or Grenade Launchers are the best special weapon choices. Get rid of the medic. FNP on 5 T3 models without even any decent stats is pointless and you save a lot of points.

Voxes can be usefull, but usually only with combined squads. Without a CCS you don't even get access to the best orders, so why bother? At this point value I don't think it will do you much good. Save 15 points and drop the network unless you are adamant on it or take more squads and combine them.

IS: Plasma doesn't compliment the purpose of the autocannon very well, it is very expensive and you only have BS3, you have a chance of killing yourself. Save plasma for the vets and take a grenade launcher if you want a special weapon that goes nicely with the autocannon. Drop the plasma pistol, too expensive, you won't be shooting it often, and once again....they are only BS3

Vets and the Psyker can work well together, I'd just like to see another vehicle or two in there to take some flak off of them. Another chimera is an option or a Hydra would be fantastic as well.

I agree, carapace isn't worth the points and they are in a chimera already. HK missiles are always a bad idea. Don't use them

Looks like a good start to a list, a few tweaks here and there. You might be thinking a little too much with a chaos mentality. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been playing around with my list for a bit looking for ideas. So many small lists out there made up of CCS, 1 vet squad and 1 infantry platoon. I just looks a bit repetative.

And thus we have a revised list...

HQ:

Primaris Psyker

Troops:

Veteran Squad - 2 Plasma, Autocannon, Chimera - 165pts
Veteran Squad - 2 Grenade Launchers, Autocannon, Chimera - 135pts

Elites:

Psyker Battle Squad - 5 additional Psykers - 110 pts

Point total - 480

Yes i know this means no orders at all but to me it looks at bit more interesting.

It hopefully should have some redundancy with each units role able to be picked up by another should things start to go wrong. My question is if the Autocannon doesnt match up well with plasma guns then whats the better option?

I know its a bit all or nothing with 2 Psykic units but thats my Chaos close combat rush side of me coming out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts