1 lictor
doom of m with a mycetic spore
mawloc with pensile pincer and toxin sac
x15 hgaunts
x20 tgaunts
x15 tgaunts
x3 warriors w spitters
x3 warriors w devourers
what do you guys think anything i should switch out or put in i have a DoM wth spore pod i want to use but not sure what i would sacrifice for it

·
Registered
484 Posts
currently my list is 2 mawlocs
good choice for backfield devistation.
2 lictors
lictors are fun to play, but incredibly underwhelming. theyre very fragile, and now that their shooting attack doesnt rend, they only really do melee.
hive tyrant with venom cannon
Needs wings. also the heavy venom cannon is decent at best. double BL devourers is very effective.
x3 warriors with deathspitters
solidish
x3 vanilla warriors
warriors need to be fielded for a specific goal, ranged synapse support, or melee combat. vanilla warriors are ok in <1k but in 1k+ games, they need gear to be worth considering. if youre going to spend points on them at all, grace them with a bio cannon so they actually do something. or give them melee weapons so they can compete in cc, or give them deathspitters and use them mid range. devourers are pretty bad in this codex.
x20 tgaunts w flesh borers
x15 hgaunts
x5 gstealers
stealers are usually considered bad without the help of the dataslate. at the very least they need a broodlord to shine. otherwise theyre expensive fodder.

ive also been thinking of a separate list
so far it is

hive tyrant w venom cannon and inescapable horror
same as above. inexcapable horror just isnt worth the points. even if its just for fun, you wont enjoy watching your opponent pass rolls you paid extra to force them to make.
x1 tyrant guard
i LOVE tyrant guard. mini carnifex basically. take them in pairs, give them crushing claws or LW+bs. always take AG. watch them eat stuff.
1 lictor
same as above
doom of m with a mycetic spore
neither of these exist anymore
mawloc with pensile pincer and toxin sac
dont bother paying for upgrades for him. you WANT him to take a deepstrike mishap and end up back in reserve. his primary use is to come out of reserve and double large blast people.
x15 hgaunts
x20 tgaunts
x15 tgaunts
x3 warriors w spitters
x3 warriors w devourers
cannon or deathspitters (or both) or go home.
what do you guys think anything i should switch out or put in i have a DoM wth spore pod i want to use but not sure what i would sacrifice for it
all in all, theyre pretty basic lists thatll lose to most enemies pretty fast. you can have fun losing too, but honestly theres not really any "fun" units in there. theyre all pretty ordinary.
as far as im concerned, flyrants, venomthrope, and hive crones are a must in every list if you want to win any games ever. exocrine are great. zoanthrope are great. hive guard (with impaler cannon) are great. tervigon are a must. marlock arent bad, carnifex arent bad, tyranofex arent bad. genestealers can be great if you play them correctly, but are often just expensive fodder.

there is a very specific strategy that tyranid need to follow in order to compete this codex/edition. tyranid are either great or terrible (usually just terrible). a lot of people will say they cannot be great, i disagree.
check out the three new tyranid dataslates. message me if you dont have them and ill see what i can do for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts