Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi masters of saphery, as my name suggets i usually live in the Lizardmen forums, but upon my voyages to the Mystical land of Ulthuan i encountered a rather facinating army. I was wondering if you may enlighten me as to whether this force would be competitive to your standards?

Tyrion

Noble
-Lance
-Barded Steed
-Heavy Armour
-Shield
-Temakadors Gauntlets

Noble
-BSB
-Banner of the World Dragon
-Great Weapon
-Dragon Armour
-Shield

10x Archers
10x Archers
10x Archers

5x Dragon Princes
-Champ

15x Phoenix Gaurd
-Standard
-Warbanner

15x Sword Masters
-Standard
-Lion Standard

5x Silver Helms
-shields
-Musician
-Champion
-Amulet of Fire

Bolt Thrower
Bolt Thrower

= 1996pts

Tyrion rides with the princes, Noble 1 rides with the helms, BSB into sword masters, Princes on one flank, whilst helms hold the other. I realise there is a lack of magic/protection, but what the heck, the game is meant for fun is it not?

Any feedback is much appreciated, as i am quite interested in your race. ty

·
Registered
519 Posts
Hi masters of saphery, as my name suggets i usually live in the Lizardmen forums, but upon my voyages to the Mystical land of Ulthuan i encountered a rather facinating army. I was wondering if you may enlighten me as to whether this force would be competitive to your standards?
competative? no not really: there are better builds possible :)

Tyrion
Seems to be great, but if you really want to be competative a prince on star dragon or Teclis would be a better choice.

Noble
-Lance
-Barded Steed
-Heavy Armour
-Shield
-Temakadors Gauntlets
doesn't seem this fella really has a special job to do in this list. yes, he does put out some more attacks, but for his points you could get a full unit of Dragon Princes, or put in a mage to get some dispel magic.

Noble
-BSB
-Banner of the World Dragon
-Great Weapon
-Dragon Armour
-Shield
i personally don't like the dragon banner. you might want to consider the banner of battle, or the banner of sorcery if you're going magic heavy

10x Archers
10x Archers
10x Archers
archers are good, but not that good. you shouldn't take more then needed. 2 units of 10 will do fine

5x Dragon Princes
-Champ
why put a champion in here? unless you give him magic items, he won't be worth it.

15x Phoenix Gaurd
-Standard
-Warbanner
Good Solid unit. you might want to go up to 20 if you have the points

15x Sword Masters
-Standard
-Lion Standard
Ok Swordmasters are great. but right now you've got at least half of them doing nothing. not a good thing for a swordmaster :) you might want to split this unit up into 2 units of 7 of 8. ow and these get a LOT better if you get shield of saphery casted on them.

5x Silver Helms
-shields
-Musician
-Champion
-Amulet of Fire
Silver Helms aint as good as they seem. you should either run them in units of at least 10 with full command for SCR, or get Dragon Princes.

Bolt Thrower
Bolt Thrower
These are Great! you might want to consider to get an eagle as well, as you can choose up to 4 rare choices, and our rares are great :)

= 1996pts

Tyrion rides with the princes, Noble 1 rides with the helms, BSB into sword masters, Princes on one flank, whilst helms hold the other. I realise there is a lack of magic/protection, but what the heck, the game is meant for fun is it not?

You did quite a job for giving your key units all magic protection, but a mage with annulian crystal, will probably be more cost efficcient. And if you're looking for fun, your list will be ok, but to be competative, you'll have to change some stuff :)

Any feedback is much appreciated, as i am quite interested in your race. ty
Good Luck!

·
Herman1004
1,266 Posts
To second Byjugo, there are better builds, but you have not made a terrible first try.

Tyrion can be great, but what you really want him to, is to be on his own and soak up damage from shooting/spells, allowing the rest of your army to advance without huge losses. Use Tyrion to harass small units, war machines and lone characters. With his super saves, not much will get him.

As you mentioned, the HE are a quite fascinating army, and one of our treats is the ability to take only 2 core at this point level. So why not do it? Id drop one unit of archers for some extra points.

The Silver Helms should be dropped completely, bumped to 10 models or exchanged for Dragon Princes.

No magic protection at all is not good. He are very vulnerable to magic when not dispelling.

Regards,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts