Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
NCIS fan
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,

Here is my first attempt at a IG list. I'm aiming for 500pts, and plan to be using the battleforce (cadian) set and a HQ box.

HQ : CCS - vox-caster, 1 grenade launcher, 1 plasma gun - 75pts

T1 : -infantry platoon-
command platoon - vox-caster, autocannon, 1 grenade launcher - 50pts

infantry squad - vox-caster, 1 grenade launcher, autocannon - 70pts

T2 : veteran squad - power fist, vox-caster, 2 flamers, 1 heavy flamer, mounted in a chimera with heavy flamer (hull), pintle-mounted heavy stubber - 185pts

FA : 1 scout sentinel with missile launcher - 45pts

Grand total of 495pts

Now I can just switch out the ML, for a lascannon, and that would make it 500pts even.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

:beer:

·
1,648 Posts
Hey there and welcome to the guard. Saw your other thread, but didn't get a post in.

HQ : CCS - vox-caster, 1 grenade launcher, 1 plasma gun - 75pts
A rule of thumb is not to mix and match special weapons. You want each to squad to specialize at doing a job. Also the CCS has BS 4 which is very precious for IG, give them as many special weapons as possible.

I'd advise that you drop all of your voxes. I don't really find that they provide as much a benefit unless you are using combined squads with lascannons that absolutely need to be twin-linked.

Can't issue orders to the vets anyway as they are mounted in chimeras.

T1 : -infantry platoon-
command platoon - vox-caster, autocannon, 1 grenade launcher - 50pts

Looks good, drop the vox-casters.

T2 : veteran squad - power fist, vox-caster, 2 flamers, 1 heavy flamer, mounted in a chimera with heavy flamer (hull), pintle-mounted heavy stubber - 185pts
You are lacking in the anti-tank department, but have plenty of guns around for horde. Give these guys meltaguns, that way they can insta-kill T4 and wound Armor 2+ very easily.

Heavy flamers are a big no-no, why spend 20 points on them when you can get 4 flamers for the same price. Stubber is point-filler on the chimera, lose it.

FA : 1 scout sentinel with missile launcher - 45pts
A single-shot missile at BS3 that doesn't have a good chance of doing anything even to AV12? Pass, leave an autocannon on him and out flank.

Taking my advice should give you a fair number of points to play with.

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
This is pretty much going to second Hockymans advice but hey, I'll say it anyway!

HQ:
Give these guys the same Special Weapons. Avoid making them to much of a target though otherwise they'll just get smuched early on. for a static HQ i'd just grab a H-Weapon and maybe camo cloaks.

Vox: Ditch this. You don't really need them at this points levels. It will save you a bunch of points too.

TROOPS:
Platoon is good but ditch the Vox.

Vets, Give these guys some other Guns. Grab 3 Melta guns for tank/big thing killing and you should be fine. Never take H-Flamers on Infantry as they're far more expensive than they should be. Ditch the stubber and the Powerfist and take Demolitions instead. It's a nasty upgrade and Democharges in small games are horrendous.

FAST:
Scout Sentinels are fine but see if you can either grab this guy a friend. 1 on his own isn't going to do much. Also change the weapon to an Autocannon. Maybe use the points to grab something else instead tho?

How about something like this??

CCS, Missile Launcher - 65

Platoon A - 245pts
PCS - 4x G-Launchers
INF, Autocannon, G-Launcher

VETS - 3x Melta Guns, Demolitons, Chimera - 185pts

·
NCIS fan
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much for your replies!

A question though, in that where may I get meltaguns?

There is one in the command box, so should I stick to buying these or grab a ton of metal minis?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts