Toxic Miasma
Flesh Hooks
Toxin Sacs
Scythe Tail Weapon

Troops: 165
16 Spinegaunts: 80
17 Spainegauts: 85
-----------------------------------

First attempt at Tyranid list. I've only every really played small Kill-Teams or combat patrol with 'nids. Any insight would be most helpful!

This list will mostly face off against SMurfs/Necrons/Daemonhunters. Occasionally IG and Tau. It's not meant for tournies or competitive play. Just me and friends getting together to play and have fun. And win. :D

Also, I don't really like the names others have come up with for common variants, like the Dakkafex (Worm Warriors to me!). Also, if the Norwegian is off, I apologize! I've just started learning it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Your first Tyrant should drop Warp Blast and get Warp Field, he's gonna need it.
As for your second Tyrant, he would do well to drop the CC upgrades and Scything Talons since his primary role is shooting, he should either carry a Barbed Strangler or a TL Devourer set, he's still nasty in combat and he has 3 Guards, ohh yeah, the Extended Carapace on him is a little silly, the Guards considered.

CC fexes tend to be too slow to actually reach the enemy, therefore a lot of players favour Gunfexes (Enhances Senses, Venom Cannon and Barbed Strangler).
But if you want to go CC, go for it, but I think you could shave off a few points but getting rid of Regenerate, this biomorph is very expensive and its rarely does much.

Finally I'd split your spinegaunts into 4 units, that way the enemy has more targets and you have more scoring units.

Generally a good list, but I think your fexes are a little overtooled and the points might be better spent getting some raveners or more gaunts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.