Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day guys i just finished writing up a list that features 3 characters at 2500 points.
It is an all comers list and i think it is effective and is somewhat fluffy (wouldnt be truly fluffy untill about 5k+ points)

It is the kind of army i would expect to see riding out to meet a major threat to ulthuan so without further adue here is my baby :) any thoughts on effectiveness and idea's to improve it would be very appreciated :D

Lord

Tyrion - 400
General

Heroes

Korhil - 140

Caradryan - 175

Mage - 185 (mainly here to spam cast drain magic)
lvl 2
2x dispel scroll
high magic

Core

Spearmen x24 - 256 (ranked 6x4)
full command
banner of Ellyrian (to support white lions and i believe it is a useful banner for a solid unit such as this)

Archers x10 - 110

Archers x10 - 110

Special

White Lions x18 - 365 (6x3)
full command
lion standard
skeinsliver

Phoenix Guard x18 - 365 (6x3)
full command
dragon horn
banner of arcane protection

Dragon princes x6 - 230
full command

Lion Chariot - 140

Total - 2497

The heroes are placed as such
Tyrion - Dragon Princes
Korhil - White Lions
Caradryan - Phoenix Guard
Mage - one of the archer blocks

i went with a big block of spearmen as they are fairly solid and with the magical banner they will be able to go anywhere i need them :)

The 2 blocks of archers was so i can choose where to hide my mage and i can seperate my fire, they are the most defensive part of my army the rest shall be surging forward very aggressively obviously :)

I like the idea of having so many special characters with such cool units in the one army so i will be going ahead with this idea in someway or another but i would like to hear suggestions on improving it :)

Thanks in advance,

Jack

·
2,244 Posts
Banner of arcane protection is a waste on the unit that Caradryan goes in, they have magic resistance 3 from him and it doesn't stack so you can't get MR 5.

While I think that having the spears racing through the trees is cool, I would still prefer to have Tyrion and his dragonprinces flying through the trees into the flanks of enemies, they would roll up in no time.

Otherwise it is a fun idea let me know if it works.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok this is my slightly tweaked list

Im running dual 20 man spearmen now and ive given the battle banner to the phoenix guard and a war banner to the dragon princes to pretty much garantee a one round combat with most units.

Is it legal for me to have the battle banner on my phoenix guard though because i thought it was a max of 50 points but if you suggest it then i guess ill give it a try and yeh since they arent the hardest hitting unit even with Caradryan present i think they will benefit greatly from this.

Although it is rather low on numbers each unit is very strong, although i was contemplating dropping white lions and phoenix guard to 15 each dropping the whie lion chariot and getting a unit of swordmasters, it would be useful by adding bodies and those very useful 2 great weapon attacks but im not too sure that chariot is more then to help whatever unit will have the most trouble...

Anyway anymore input would be great guys

Lord

Tyrion - 400
General

Heroes

Korhil - 140

Caradryan - 175

lvl 2
2x dispel scroll
high magic

Core

Spearmen x20 - 220 (ranked 4x5)
full command
banner of Ellyrian (to support white lions and i believe it is a useful banner for a solid unit such as this)

Spearmen x20 - 205 (4x5)
full command

Special

White Lions x18 - 365 (6x3)
full command
lion standard
skeinsliver

Phoenix Guard x18 - 420 (6x3)
full command
dragon horn
Battle Banner

Dragon princes x6 - 250
full command
war banner

Lion Chariot - 140

Total - 2500

·
2,244 Posts
Battle banner can only be given to the BSB. You are right about combat resolution for the Phoenix Gaurd, it would be very useful. Have you been looking at GN's list, it is almost identical, just with different characters.

Looks fun though, Good luck.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol ok here it is all fixed up :) its not illegal and i have reduced unit sizes and dropped the chariot for the 15 swordmasters with ellyrian banner :)

Lord

Tyrion - 400
General

Heroes

Korhil - 140

Caradryan - 175

lvl 2
2x dispel scroll
high magic

Core

Spearmen x20 - 205 (4x5)
full command

Spearmen x20 - 205 (4x5)
full command

Special

White Lions x15 - 335 (3x5)
full command
lion standard
skeinsliver

Phoenix Guard x15 - 320 (3x5)
full command
dragon horn

Swordmasters x 15 270 (3x5)
full command

Dragon princes x6 - 250
full command
war banner

Total - 2485

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
just so you know (you probably already do) you can't spam cast drain magic. You can only cast it once per turn. Also, you have 15pts still, that's a whole swordmaster or whitelion that you might as well tack on, since HE are usually short on numbers. Both the PG and the WL could use it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts