2 x fusion pistols

Rangers w/ pathfinders x 10 - 240

Dire Avengers X 10 - 132
Exarch

Warp Spiders x 5 - 137
Exarch
Extra Death Spinner

Total 1001

So yeah its my first Eldar list and to be honest I'm not sure. In killing games I'll be placing my units in covers waiting for oppurtunities to strike but in objective games I'll have my Rangers sit on one objective while my Harlies give them a 2+ cover save in open ground, and have the Avengers and Farseer go after the other. Thoughts?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Personally I would drop 4/5 pathfinders and get your dire avengers a wave-serpent, increases their effectiveness by loads. Also i don't think eldritch storm is that good so maybe fortune or guide instead. If you really want a shooting power then i'd go with mindwar.
Finally to me it looks like the list is lacking on anti-tank, which could be a problem.

·
Registered
162 Posts
yea, 5 man Pathfinder squad, 120 points saved, swap eldritch storm out for fortune, denies opponent KP's every game, and allows you to also sit on objectives without dieing, personally i find harliquins die way to easily, so using them as mobile cover, is way too expensive, what about using star engines, you have your pathfinders to shoot, then use the 12" shooting phase move to put infront of the pathfinders for cover, plus if you turbo boost before parking infront of pathfinders, you get a 4+ cover save for the serpent aswell,

·
Registered
150 Posts
DUDE...DUDE....DUDE....DUDE..

okay. I'm assuming you're very new to the game in general (not just eldar) based on this. So first...welcome.

SECOND ORDER OF BUSINESS. This list is pretty much garbage, but don't be too offended, because we are here to help.

I don't want to throw you into a list you don't want. but I will tell you some things that will be very, very helpful. Eldritch Storm really doesn't pay off like Doom, Fortune, and Guide do. I'd suggest taking two of those if your seer has spirit stones. Re-rolls in this game are GOLDEN.

Also, Dire Avengers absolutely need wave serpents, because they are too fragile to walk across the field on foot. The idea is to zoom up 12", unload the Dire Avengers and unload their shuriken fire in one turn. Preferably, their target is already doomed by the farseer that is riding in the serpent with them. I would also suggest bladestorm for the Exarch, to make this tactic more effective.

please, don't take them without a transport!

Infiltrating Scorpions...not bad, not bad at all.

The Harlequin screen + huge pathfinder squad is peculiar. I've seen the tactica on the harlequin screen...it just seems like a lot of points. You can put your pathfinders IN heavy cover and get that 2+ save without using a 260 unit to do it. splitting the pathfinders up into two squads of 5, throwing them in heavy cover far away from the enemy and within running distance of an objective is a good idea.

Warp Spiders, not bad. not the most popular choice, but they're fast, they can Deep Strike and shoot off of it, and can attack some rear armor..

which leads to the most important point of all. You'll need to dump something (harlies or pathfinders or spiders to scorps) to get some REAL anti tank weaponry. Something with High Strength, Missile Launchers, Fusion guns, bright lances

·
Registered
162 Posts
for 1, your farseers points are added up wrong, drop the harlies and 5 pathfinders there you have enough for a wave serpent, you are also quite low on your heavy anti tank,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts