Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys im quite new to warhammer in general and ive only played a few battles with my friends armys. i would like to get my own army going and i chose daemonhunters. so i know alot of people say daemonhunters are pretty hard in general and very hard to start out with, i would still like to try. so i got the codex and this is what i have so far...

HQ:

Brother-captain

Hammerhand

Auspex

= 73pts.

Troops:

8 I.S.T

2 Plasma guns
1 Rhino
= 150pts.

7 Grey Knights
Justicar
= 225

Elites:

1 Inquisitor – 20

Hammerhand
Bolt pistol
Power weapon
= 46

so ya thats what i came up with and i was just wondering if its leagal and i`m looking for any suggestions you guys might have for me.

Thx, Bloodhowler

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome to 40k,

500 is a real hard list and depends on what you will be facing.

I would say drop hammerhand on your BC. Drop the rhino and hammerhand and on the Inq + his power weapon and use the points to build a shooty Inq. your plasma and NFW will be enough to deal with the limited armor you will see at 500 points.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Hey hey, welcome to the hobby, and welcome to the boards! Just so you know, it's against the board's policy to spell out point-costs for individual models or upgrades, though unit totals are fine. So, instead of spelling out the costs for the Grey Knights and Justicar in your troops squad, just give the combined total for all models and upgrades in that unit -- in this case 225 =). On to the list...

Actually, it looks like a pretty good list to me! You've got a good mix of the units, so you'll be able to get a feel for what you like and what you don't like. I'd stick with the rhino on the ISTs to give your list some speed, and a means to deliver some nasty plasma immolation into rapid-fire range. The only things I might change would be Hammerhand on your GK Hero, which is probably not as useful as more warm bodies in your troops section at this point-level, and your Inquisitor. While he's certainly not -terrible-, close-combat Inquisitors generally end up being ineffective due to their human stats, and you're better off just taking Grey Knights to fill that role instead. What I'd do personally, is equip him with only a psycannon. That's nice and fluffy, and will give you something to take out the odd transport or light vehicle at range, target infantry, and threaten any high-toughness enemies without getting into close combat with them. Since this guy is an Independent Character, he can't be targeted by the enemy so long as he's not the closest target, so he should be safe behind your Grey Knights. Dropping his current Wargear and the GKBC's Hammerhand will net you enough points for this upgrade.

Good hunting!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the davice Hasten. so this is my new list, what do you think?

HQ:

Brother-captain
Auspex
= 63pts.

Troops:

8 I.S.T
2 Plasma guns
1 Rhino
Extra armor
Smoke launchers
= 158pts.

7 Grey Knights
Justicar
Auspex
= 227

Elites:

1 Inquisitor
Psycannon
= 50

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I think it looks about as good as you can get a 500 point list. You may end up having to use the plasma gun squad as tank-hunters in a pinch, but I wouldn't imagine you're going to see a lot of heavy vehicles at this level. The only things you'd be unable to take out would be a Monolith (and if your opponent brings one, tell him thank you, and proceed to demolish the few Necron models he has and force a phase-out) or a Land Raider, which I would guess you're not going to see.

Enjoy!

-H

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.