Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first time making a lizardmen army list.
The list is 3000 points against Dark Elves.
I think it feels a little small, but i'm going for magic heavy so that's to be expected i guess.

Please voice any and all opinions because i would love a way to improve this list.

Lords
Slann - Focus of Mystery, Focused Renumeration, Soul of Stone, Becoming Cognition + Diadem of Power

Saurus Oldblood (Hydra Killer Hopefully) - Cold One + Light Armor + Burning Blade + Maiming Shield + Aura of Quetzl

Heroes
Tiktaq'to

Skink Priest - Lvl 2 Upgrade, EoTG, Shield of Mirror, Plaque of Topek

Core
Saurus Warriors - 18 + Spears + Musician + Standard

Skinks - 11 + Kroxigor

Skink Skirmishers - 10

Special
Chameleon Skinks - 7

Temple Guard - 18 + Musician + Standard

Terradons - 3

Cold One Knights - 5 + Musician + Standard + Jaguar Standard

Kroxigor - 3

I mainly brought Tiktaq'to so i could fly in from the back of his troops and take out any Crossbowmen or Bolt Throwers that are present in almost all DE armies.
The Oldblood will leave the Hydra with no save or regen, and with 6 strength 5 attacks im hoping it will do the job.

Suggestions Please!?

·
4,361 Posts
Lords
Slann - Focus of Mystery, Focused Renumeration, Soul of Stone, Becoming Cognition + Diadem of Power
You aren't magic heavy enough to get spells through, especially if you are also using the diadim. I would drop all the disciplines except the becalming cogitation. Also, make him a BSB and add at least 2 dispel scrolls.

Saurus Oldblood (Hydra Killer Hopefully) - Cold One + Light Armor + Burning Blade + Maiming Shield + Aura of Quetzl
You want a hydra killer, change the magic items to the blade of realities and an enchanted shield.

Heroes
Tiktaq'to
You want him to be effective, you need a lot bigger unit of terradons. Get it up to 5 at least.

Magic missiles are D6 str4 hits usually. I doubt he will be casting them at a stegadon, so I would drop the shield. Maybe take the glyph necklace for protection.

Core

Skinks - 11 + Kroxigor

Skink Skirmishers - 10
Core is fine, except move the kroxigor to the unit to get it up to 4.

Special
Chameleon Skinks - 7

I would add the plaque of dominion to mess with his magic phase.

Terradons - 3
See tiktaq'to.

Kroxigor - 3
See skink unit.
Good luck,
SirKently

·
Registered
792 Posts
This is my first time making a lizardmen army list.
The list is 3000 points against Dark Elves.
I think it feels a little small, but i'm going for magic heavy so that's to be expected i guess.

Please voice any and all opinions because i would love a way to improve this list.

Lords

Heroes
Tiktaq'to

Core

Skinks - 11 + Kroxigor

Skink Skirmishers - 10

Special
Chameleon Skinks - 7

Terradons - 3

Kroxigor - 3

I mainly brought Tiktaq'to so i could fly in from the back of his troops and take out any Crossbowmen or Bolt Throwers that are present in almost all DE armies.
The Oldblood will leave the Hydra with no save or regen, and with 6 strength 5 attacks im hoping it will do the job.

Suggestions Please!?

Your list certainly isn't magic light, but it isn't magic heavy. You bring only 9 power + Focused Rumination. You have 6 dispel and the Diadem with the Becalmin Cogitation which makes your list ok against magic lists. The Dark Elves may could potentially bring alot of magic which you don't even have a scroll to stop the nastiest spells.

Salamanders or Razordons will devastate the Dark Elves, may be worth bringing.

You want your oldblood to kill hydras, put him on a carnsaur.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.