Ganger w/ lasgun 75pts
Ganger w/ lasgun 75pts
Ganger w/ lasgun 75pts
Ganger w/ lasgun 75pts
Heavy w/ heavy stubber 180pts

·
Registered
26 Posts
That's a very shooty Goliath gang in my oppinion... what was the thinking behind choosing them over a gang more likely to gain shooty skills like Orlock, Delaque, or Van Saar?

Only your Leader and you Heavy will be able a take shooting skills as standard (although the rest have a slim chance of being able to choose and skill table, including Shooting).

Oh, and according to the house-specific weapons list you can't choose Lasguns as starting weapons for Goliath gangers, although bizarrely you can choose Bolters...

·
Son of LO
4,529 Posts
The 'lots of lasguns' theme is familiar.. It works well enough, but it's a bit of a boring option. I'd consider throwing in more shotguns. It's an urban environment so the higher strength easily compensates for the slightly shorter range (not to mention scatter, which can occasionally be useful.)

For close combat, I'd drop the fancy stuff for now.. Once your guys start getting close combat upgrades, then it'll be worth buying things for them, but for now close combat is going to be very random. Drop the chainsword/chain/massive weapon in favor of knives and laspistols. In return, give someone frag grenades (probably the leader as he has the best chance to hit).. Pinning really is your friend, especially if you're planning on getting into close combat.

The biggest thing I can see, though, is your lack of Juves. Juves fulfill a very important role in house gangs as a screening unit, and they do gain advances really fast. I think dropping a ganger for a couple of them with pistols (or even just naked) would seriously help your efforts.

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
I'd say get a second heavy, even if you just equip him with a lasgun to start with. That way he's gaining experience from the start, and still has a role to play. When you can afford a second heavy weapon, he'll likely have some advances to keep it effective from the start.

And I'd say give your leader a bolt or autopistol rather than a laspistol - the modifier at range with the laspistol is just plain annoying.

Oh, and according to the house-specific weapons list you can't choose Lasguns as starting weapons for Goliath gangers, although bizarrely you can choose Bolters...
This is one of the many reasons I think the house weapons lists are rubbish and don't use them. IIRC Van saar don't get bolters...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts