Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so, I have been playing fantasy for about a year+ now, and me and some friends decided to get into 40k. Here is my first shot at a 1k Purifier Army List. We do plan to move up in points fairly quickly, probably 500 every month or so.

Here's the list

HQ
Castellan Crowe

Elite
Techmarine
-> Rad Grenade
-> Psychostroke Grenade
-> 1x Servo Skull

Troop
5x Purifier Squad – 2x Halberd, 2x Psycannon, 1x MC Hammer
->Rhino, Psybolt Ammo

5x Purifier Squad – 2x Halberd, 2x Psycannon, 1x MC Hammer
-> Rhino, Psybolt Ammo

5x Purifier Squad – 2x Halberd, 2s Psycannon, 1x MC Hammer
-> Rhino, Psybolt Ammo

Heavy Support
Dreadnought
-> TL Autocannon
->TL Autocannon
-> Psybolt Ammo

Exactly 1000 pts

I chose a techmarine because I noticed not a lot of people use them and they seem extremely useful and fun to use. Everything else is semi vanilla but I personally like it :).

I instantly fell in love with Purifier armies after reading the codex and forums for a few weeks and finally was able to put together a list that I think would work. Please give some feedback it is definitely welcome :).

·
4,967 Posts
Drop psybolt from the transports and the techmarine and get yourself a load more troops by boosting the squad size to 10 on a unit.

If you really want the rad/psychotroke grenades then take a very cheap xenos =][= for 55 points.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay here is another list using your advice.

HQ
Castellan Crowe – 150 pts

Troop
10x Purifier Squad – 5x Halberd, 4x Psycannon, 1x MC Hammer - 350
->Rhino, Storm Bolter
10x Purifier Squad – 5x Halberd, 4x Psycannon, 1x MC Hammer – 350
-> Rhino, Storm Bolter

Heavy Support
Dreadnought - 150
-> TL Autocannon
->TL Autocannon
-> Psybolt Ammo
-> Extra Armor

Added bolters on the rhinos and extra armor on the dread because I had extra points to beef some stuff up. Lemme know what you think.

·
4,967 Posts
Good. You could drop extra armour to upgrade some rhinos to razorbacks and combat squad the units.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good eye on the extra points being spent on Razorbacks I didnt even think of that for some reason. Question though, may sound dumb but I am new to 40k still used to playing fantasy for over a year. If I were to CS them that would split them into groups of 5...so have each group of 5 get in a razorback and have the group of 10 on foot? or holding objective etc?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Good eye on the extra points being spent on Razorbacks I didnt even think of that for some reason. Question though, may sound dumb but I am new to 40k still used to playing fantasy for over a year. If I were to CS them that would split them into groups of 5...so have each group of 5 get in a razorback and have the group of 10 on foot? or holding objective etc?
Thanks to 5th edition you can change the CS and transport situation each game, so it gives you a wide variety of tactics. You could have 2 combat squads with 4 psycannons and a halberd each sitting on an objective and the hammers and halberds in razors moving up. Of course if the situation arises you can just change it pre-game.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts