Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, I am getting Emperor's Children. I've already gotten about half the stuff for my army, so I was making a sample army list of what I want to do. Give me your feedback on how to make it better. It's just an all round list that I want to win with, nay crush with.

Lord
boobworm
darkblade
mutation
resilience
essence
rune
drugs
MOS

12 Nettes

12 Nettes

12 mounted Nettes

6 EC
5 sonic blaster
mutation
siren
power weapon
strength

rhino
smoke
ex armour
warp amp

6 Havocs
1 sonic blaster
4 Blastmasters
power weapon
strength
tank hunters

6 Havocs
1 sonic blaster
4 blastmasters
power weapon
strength
tank hunters

rhino
ex armour
smoke
warp amp

dreadnaught
lascannon
cc

Comes out to right around 1850. I regret not having 6 bike to daemon bomb with, if you can think of something that can get cut to add bikes let me know, and i do realize mounted nettes are too expensive, they're just to sweet lookin' to leave out. I'm hoping those, plus 24 other nettes, will just tear thru any foe Plus having the mounted lord to assist, and the other squads to be more shooty and also a bit mobile, except the one Havoc without a rhino that will be placed first straight up in the middle of the table with the best view.

·
Registered
245 Posts
What is a boobworm? Your Daemon Prince has one and he is probably the envy of all others, 'cause I've never ever seen that before.

Sabre

PS Oh yeah, you have way too many 'nettes. Drop the twelve-man mounted daemonette squad for two 6-man blastmaster squads.

·
Registered
943 Posts
northoceanbeach said:
Ok, I am getting Emperor's Children. I've already gotten about half the stuff for my army, so I was making a sample army list of what I want to do. Give me your feedback on how to make it better. It's just an all round list that I want to win with, nay crush with.

Lord
boobworm
darkblade
mutation
resilience
essence
rune
drugs
MOS
he needs an inv. save, if you want someone to get the mounted nettes up close, give him a steed, aura and lASHWHIP, also a ccw and personal icon. Surround him with the daemonnettes so he can attack and not be attacked
12 Nettes

12 Nettes
good
12 mounted Nettes
you definetely need to split these into 2 uinits of 6, you cant have more than 10
6 EC
5 sonic blaster
mutation
siren
power weapon
strength

rhino
smoke
ex armour
warp amp
good
6 Havocs
1 sonic blaster
4 Blastmasters
power weapon
strength
tank hunters

6 Havocs
1 sonic blaster
4 blastmasters
power weapon
strength
tank hunters
make this a regular ec squad and give them a doom siren
rhino
ex armour
smoke
warp amp

dreadnaught
lascannon
cc
good
Comes out to right around 1850. I regret not having 6 bike to daemon bomb with, if you can think of something that can get cut to add bikes let me know, and i do realize mounted nettes are too expensive, they're just to sweet lookin' to leave out. I'm hoping those, plus 24 other nettes, will just tear thru any foe Plus having the mounted lord to assist, and the other squads to be more shooty and also a bit mobile, except the one Havoc without a rhino that will be placed first straight up in the middle of the table with the best view.
not bad, good luck

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A boobworm is the name for the steed of slaanesh. that warhammer fantasy slaanesh lord on the weird draon thing(boobworm). so he has a steed, that will keep him pace with the mounted nettes.

aura is definitely a good idea. icon's are free and i didn't know i needed to specify he had one, since any marked unit can, i thought i just represented that on the model instead of the army list.

i think i would rather have a dark blade than a lash, because. darkblade is a S6 power weapon, so i still get the initiative benefit, but also high strength. however the lash used to be good, but now everyone within 2" gets their full attacks, so what's the point?

·
Registered
943 Posts
sorry i thought boobworm was your guys name. Its a solid list though, and yes you need the personal icon, also 2 units of 6 mounted daemonnettes, they can only be in units of 5- 10.

·
389 Posts
I must admit that I have a weakness for the mounted daemonettes. They have worked well for me. Split them up, or maybe just take one squad of 6. More than 6 is pretty much overkill against just about anything. My 6 mounted nettes has taken down hive tyrants and fexes with very little trouble.

Your lord needs some speed, as he is now he is a very expensive and very slow model. Bad combination. Give him flight or better yet D-Speed. Infiltrate and D-Speed is a very powerful combination that often lets your lord charge into cc first round. Second round you are very likely to have daemonettes pop up around him.

You don't need to give both of your havocs tank hunter. Just as with your lord they benefit greatly from infiltrate. Being able to set them up last is not a small thing.

I am not a big fan of rhinos, I feel the points are better spent elsewhere. It ususally works much better to give the squads infiltrate. A small 6 man squad inside a rhino can be a terrible thing. Especially since your army does not have a lot of armor. Then the enemy will most likely have enought anti tank weapons to take them out in his first shooting fase. One option is to deploy outside and have them as a mobile cover, but thats a 78 point mobile cover! It can be worth it for a 10 man berzerker squad since you know they are gonna catch a huge amount of incoming fire.

Maybe drop 6 mounted nettes, drop both rhinos and you have saved about 320 points. Enough to get a squad of bikers if you want. Slaaneshi bikers are sweet. Devastating on the charge, lightning fast and with lots of firepower. And they are the perfect summoning platform for daemonettes. Set up the dreadnougth close to the bikers, so any enemy heavy weapon will have to chose what to shoot at. Both units has to be killed before they get close enough, and its to your advantage if the enemy has to split up his fire.

Arizzar

·
Registered
943 Posts
Hey genious, the guy just said that his lord was mounted, mounted = speed

·
389 Posts
Well, thank you for the kind words.

To my knowledge infiltrate does not work with a mount. Meaning that the lord loses any chance of a first turn charge. Speed is about more than how fast he can move across the table.

Arizzar

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh, I was just reminded that whenever a whino gets a penetrating hit, the passengers must disembark and are pinned, so I will be dropping those from the list as I can't see any way that they could possibly make it across the table unless I am playing an army whose highest strangth weapon is a bolter.

So with that 155 points I was thinking more Nettes or maybe a simple close combat squad of infiltrating marines.

also I will break the mounted nettes into 2 squads of six.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts