Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Bloodbowl Hooligan
263 Posts
EDIT: Some point totals removed. ~DavidVC04

Well I haven’t used my chaos dwarfs for many years, I have only recently got back into warmer 40k after a break of about 10 years and after finding the CD army list online have decided to crack out my chaos dwarfs.

My main game was always 40k but I got bits of chaos dwarfs when I had spare money. All the chaos dwarf units I have are complete, I just need to get the hobgoblins which I will probably convert from normal goblins, if anyone has any tips on how best to do this I would be very appreciative.

From a fluff point of view, due to the lack of chaos dwarfs I am planing on using them as an army that are on a mission to capture ork and goblin slaves.

Here is my list please leave C & C rep will be given for good advise :yes:

HEROES

Chaos Dwarf Hero
Armour Of Gazrak
Great Weapons

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer
Level 2
Dispel Scroll

CORE WARRIORS

19 x Chaos Dwarfs
Chaos Dwarf Champion
Chaos Dwarf Musician
Chaos Dwarf Standard Bearer
19 x Great Weapons

15 x Chaos Dwarfs
Chaos Dwarf Champion
Chaos Dwarf Musician
Chaos Dwarf Standard Bearer
15 x Blunderbuss

10 x Hobgoblins
Hobgoblin Champion
Hobgoblin Musician
Hobgoblin Standard Bearer
10 x Wolfs
10 x Light Armour
10 x shield

10 x Hobgoblins
Hobgoblin Champion
Hobgoblin Musician
10 x Wolfs
10 x Light Armour
10 x shield

10 x Hobgoblins
Hobgoblin Champion
Hobgoblin Musician
10 x Light Armour
10 x Shield
10 x Bows

SPECIAL UNITS

Black Orcs x 10
Shields x 10
Black Orc Boss
Black Orc Musician
Black Orc Standard Bearer

Hobgoblin Bolt Throwers x 2

Death Rocket

RARE UNITS

Earthshaker

·
Registered
289 Posts
You have one problem there, you need to either get rid of one hobgobbo unit somehow or get another CD unit. You can't have more hobgobbos than Chaos dwarves if i remember correctly.

Suggestion on hobgobbos: you could attempt to extend the arms and legs of the BFSP night goblins, or what you could do is what I (if i ever get this army off the ground :(( ) will be doing: substitute gnoblars for hobgoblins. They have close to the same stat line, and with a few conversions you could have any hobgobbo unit you want made out of gnoblars.

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
Just get the night goblins from skull pass and paint them a little differently. I'm doing mine with bluish skin instead of green. I was going to use gnoblars for sneaky gits.

I wish GW would proofread their stuff, that one word makes you take a unit of 10 fast cav instead of unit strength 10 (which would be five) why would you ever run 10 fast cav? It's not like they get rank bonuses, they are supposed to be cheap, small harassment units. I would drop one unit on wolves and beef up the hobgoblin unit for combat resolution.

You may want to add more magic defense to your army. Even in 1500 pt games, you could be hurting because you don't move that fast. I guess your gun-line is the answer to that, but the bolt throwers aren't that effective with BS 3, long distance and a mage can still cast even if hit with the earthshaker.

Just my personal opinion, but 4 bolt throwers seem more reliable than the rocket launcher with which you have a pretty good chance of hitting yourself instead of the target.

If you are going to keep the units that small, then drop the standards, they should be used as screens or baiting, so giving your opponent 100vpts is not a good idea when they run.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts